Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Top Poster

Post Re: Democracy 2020 (President-elect Joseph R Biden Jr.)
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Alex Y. wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Because Trump was anti-China (and possibly good at it) does not mean anyone else who becomes the President cannot be anti-China as well. I am sure the approaches will be different but to blindly say that the other party will discontinue all of Trump's efforts before they even had a chance to sit on the chair is.......

If the president was going to be Elizabeth Warren, we wouldn’t be questioning her loyalty to the US over China, but that’s also why she lost her early front runner primary status as Biden was pushed through. Biden and Bloomberg were the two main CCP-compromised candidates that had shady business deals with China, and it’s already been revealed that many of Biden’s cabinet picks and staff have deep ties to China.

In terms of media and internet censorship, I’m now wondering if it’s really that much worse in China than it has been in the last several months for US. China’s pandemic lockdown policies has not been as prolonged as in several US states. And I doubt the % of China’s population who questioned if illegal acts were committed in China’s elections has ever been as high percentage as in the US recently,

Yet it's still a speculation because Biden hasn't yet taken the oath. For next couple of days he is not yet President. Also politicians change their tactics or strategies pretty much every day.

Lol Biden would be forced to step down for “health” reasons if he tried to switch away from pro-China strategies,

Btw, it’s also not a Dem v. Republican thing, if the election was Elizabeth Warren vs either Mitt Romney or Mitch McConnell for president, then Warren would’ve been the anti-China candidate.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I feel that we would be having the same conversation for any other candidate Dems candidate.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 pm
Sbil

Shack wrote:
If Trump was really going would he passing executive orders like mad that do nothing but waste Biden's time getting rid of them in two days, or be giving some big MAGA farewell speech?

Do they have psychiatrists where you live?

You might want to check.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 pm
Devil's Advocate

Excel wrote:
:funny:

Shack, lay off the crack. The US has nothing even resembling the censorship of CCP. Be serious for once in your life! :thumbsup:

Judging from the rhetoric since the 6th there is a realistic chance things get to a point where Fox and OAN channels aren't allowed on TV, Parler type sites aren't allowed on the internet and in person conservative protests/meetings aren't allowed. Yes there is also a chance the woke would get bored into sanity without Trump, but if they don't, there is nobody left to stand up to them.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:05 pm
Devil's Advocate

Pompeo has been going HAM on CCP and others on twitter this week and this morning. Weird move on your supposed last day.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

LAST FULL DAY OF TRUMP! THANK THE MAKER!

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:10 pm
Sbil

A little more than 18 hours to go. :shout:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Grand Plan!! Here we come.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 pm
Devil's Advocate

Well it's not looking too great, but the more I think of it, the more I'm confident in my analysis of Trump that he is always in control of the situation and the Democrats the reactionary ones. If nothing crazy happens (such as Trump flying away at 8 and then leaving the military to take over the country) I'd be more inclined to believe he knew this would happen since Nov 4th than I would anything since then catching him off guard.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:37 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

The problem is if Trump really looses you pin down the blame on someone else rather than accepting that he was never in control.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:53 am
Superfreak

Shack wrote:
If nothing crazy happens I'd be more inclined to believe he knew this would happen since Nov 4th

You don't say. :|

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:52 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Apparently Fox News spent the day going after Mitch McConnell. And Hillary Clinton, which isn't anything new as their producers and a block of their audience still think she's running for President (45% according to their own poll last Fall), so back to McConnell...

I hate McConnell. Attack him. Call him out. Run 24-hour news cycles about him. But this is such an ignorant stance to take. He's been arguably the most effective Senate Majority Leader ever. His list of conservative accomplishments in the Senate is truly monstrous. He puts winning political battles over that of making friends, and that's resulted in defining the country in many ways for years, decades, and even generations to come.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:00 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Trump was by far the best foreign policy president since I've been alive. However if he doesn't do anything tomorrow his mission to drain the swamp will make his overall mission a failure. He got eaten alive by them leading to a massive gaslighting campaign and psychological warfare to get rid of him that will have damage for years to come. 2020 was a disaster as he let them riot, lock people down and steal an election while doing nothing to stop it because those were states issues beyond his responsibility. The only way for all the abuse to be worth it is if he could finally hold the political untouchables accountable. Otherwise it's his fault for not pretending to be their friend more. He basically declared war on them from day 1 so they went to war with him:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:11 am
Devil's Advocate

Encouraging to see some sanity here

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:35 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I thought twitter stopped all "freedom of speech" related tweets.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:18 am
Romosexual!

:heart:
Birds flying high, you know how I feel
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me, yeah

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me, ooh
And I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel
River running free, you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree, you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me
And I'm feeling good

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know?
Butterflies all havin' fun, you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world, is a new world
And a bold world for me, yeah-yeah

Stars when you shine, you know how I feel
Scent of the pine, you know how I feel
Oh, freedom is mine
And I know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me
I'm feeling good

:heart:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:47 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Welcome back Chip :thumbsup:

Hope you're doing well

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:48 am

He’s back!

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:02 am
Romosexual!

Chippy wrote:

:hahaha: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:19 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's finally over. It's such a relief to not have to be so concerned with politics for awhile.

I'm not delusional enough to blindly back any President (or any politician or anyone else), and don't see them or their decisions as foolproof, like so many decided to do these past four years which cultivated into dangerous and deadly situations and actions. But we'll finally have a White House, and hopefully Congress too, that's actually going to do their job and uphold their oaths, unlike the insanity that came from the Executive and Legislative branches the past four years (past two years, especially).

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

It has been unbelievably cathartic to welcome President Biden and Vice President Harris.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:19 pm
Hold the door!

So question. With an equally split senate, is there still a minority/majority, since Harris is technically only a tiebreaker, not an actual senator?

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:32 pm
Top Poster

Welcome back Chippy!

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 186  Next