Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
Steve wrote:
for some progressive paranoia: this was a deep state stunt—the FBI and Secret Sevice are both loaded with people loyal to Trump, they won’t turn up anything of significance in the search, which then becomes a galvanizing force of righteous, indignant, mobilizing anger about the corruption and political games “the Dems” are playing, invalidating any and all other potential investigations or charges brought forth in the future. Trump is absolutely loving it.

You really opened a rabbit hole here. I mean think about it: why would the FBI raid Mar a Lago? It would be really dumb of Trump to hold on to incriminating evidence when it is known that investigations are coming his way and he already has a history of destroying evidence. Meanwhile the Democrats have recently had a string of victories giving them momentum going into the primaries. The vote out in Kansas shows how galvanized the left is following the overturning of Roe, something like this will surely galvanize Trump’s voters. This has set up written all over it, especially with the judge being a Trump appointee and the FBI being helmed by a Trump loyalist.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:05 pm

Damn, glad I was wrong

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:08 am
Sbil

Lock him up.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:42 am

I was really into the idea that this was a setup orchestrated by Trump’s people to lead into his bid for president, but after Garland’s press conference yesterday, this very much seems like the obvious. Trump is fucked, and the GOP really, really needs to handle this delicately. Favor Trump too much, and if the worst case scenario for Trump occurs, they might tank in the midterms or 2024 depending on how long this goes, or alienate the Trump faithful, and results as soon as this midterm could lead to super low turnout.

On top of that, nuclear information in the hands of a man known for using intel as leverage during campaigns (I guess everyone forgot Ukraine with all the craziness that has gone on)? This shit is crazy and scary if you are paying attention.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:33 pm

I think it is in Trump’s interest to release the warrant, because there seems nothing to hide now. He looks bad if he refuses and looks defiant if he does

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:56 pm
Devil's Advocate

Two anonymous sources tell me after the FBI removed top secret nuclear codes from Mar a Lago, Trump lunged for the steering wheel of their car before exclaiming “This would have never happened if my men were as loyal to me as Hitler’s, instead of being losers and suckers like the military.”

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:02 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah man you nailed it again.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:45 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Whatever the case... documents that risk little/nothing or documents that puts America's security in extreme danger, the public needs to know the severity of them. We're not going to know exactly what was taken and recovered, at least not the most sensitive information, but something concrete needs to be revealed.

The question to me is, what if this IS the worst case? What if Trump is found to be involved in espionage and sold some of the country's most vital security info / secrets to foreign nations? Will his diehard supporters still support him and consider it necessary in some way (to "save" America)?

EDIT: Idiots on Twitter! But the fact I even considered it is so telling.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:52 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, the potential charge of Espionage is pretty damning. After being skeptical for such a long time, it really now seems like the noose is tightening around Trump. But kudos for Trump for going down fighting and not committing suicide.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:01 pm

Two more incidents of fatal situations involving individuals and the government. Perhaps this is why the right is cooling off their rhetoric as it is leading to these incidents which is not making them look good. Wise choice is stay cool and let this play out

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:06 pm
Superfreak

Midterm prospects have taken a sharp turn left - that, more than anything, is the cause behind the recent rhetoric changes bR some Rs.

"Defund the FBI" :shock: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:31 pm

Yeah, stocks are starting to make a major rebound, talks of recession look foolish now, the Democrats are passing bills, abortion measures are failing spectacularly, and now the GOP is stuck defending Trump. Recently some GOP governors are coming out asking to walk back rhetoric on the FBI and asking for their colleagues to wait to see what happens with Trump.

If the GOP fails to take the house this year, it would be an epic failure.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:23 pm
Hold the door!

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Yeah, stocks are starting to make a major rebound, talks of recession look foolish now, the Democrats are passing bills, abortion measures are failing spectacularly, and now the GOP is stuck defending Trump. Recently some GOP governors are coming out asking to walk back rhetoric on the FBI and asking for their colleagues to wait to see what happens with Trump.

Gerrymandering will make that very difficult

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:57 pm

zwackerm wrote:
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:

Gerrymandering will make that very difficult

I agree

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm still going with the raid energizing Republican voters

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:10 pm

Shack wrote:
I'm still going with the raid energizing Republican voters

I could see that, and as I said in the other thread, I don’t put it past Trump to have been purposefully withholding documents in order to to force the FBI to raid his home.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:25 pm
Hold the door!

Republicans will probably grab the 6 seats required to take the house in Arizona and Florida alone.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:33 pm

It would be very shocking if they did not

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:09 pm
Superfreak

I zero scenario where the raid benefits Trump.

A MAJOR factor that contributed to his demise was the never-ending drama that was the Trump presidency. The raid is a gigantic reminder of everything that all Dems and Independents hated about Trump. This absurd refusal to follow well-reasoned standard protocols and constant habit of creating drama out of thin air. It is beyond annoying and the last thing anyone wants to see on their TVs or webpages. This is a reminder of how exhausting life was with Trump in charge.

It does not matter how many times Kevin McCarthy tries to paint Trump as a victim. They do not trust him at all. He is viewed by many as a repeat offender and enough was enough long ago. I don't know how many people actually want to see him in jail, but they absolutely want him to go away and make room for much more impressive republican candidates.

Anyone thinking this type off stuff benefits Trump is nuts. If anything, it benefits Biden ala the 2020 campaign where Biden ends up shining for being so low-energy.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:50 pm
Superfreak

Not sure if she will, but the momentum swing to the left over the last few weeks have been enormous; as large as I can remember in such a short time frame. They have really delivered on a host of fronts.

Covid all done.
Drama all done.
Inflation trending down.
Unemployment beyond low.
Stocks back up.
Health care.
Climate.
Infrastructure.
Guns.
Student loans coming up.
Russia embarrassment.
NATO GOAT.

In the mean time, what has the GOP done aside from support the hugely loathed DT and piss off 75% of the country over abortion? Why would anyone be expecting them to thrive in such conditions?

What a stunningly effective first 19 months for Biden and co. Well done.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:01 pm
Devil's Advocate

Just cause inflation went from 9.1% to 8.5% from June to July doesn't mean it isn't still a significant problem for Democrats in the midterms, and for people that care about inflation more than the environment the recent bill isn’t going to impress them.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:23 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

The average person sees inflation as "gas prices". So... unless they go back up prior to the midterms (lol biden will press the oil companies hard), nobody is actually going to care about inflation.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Chippy wrote:
The average person sees inflation as "gas prices". So... unless they go back up prior to the midterms (lol biden will press the oil companies hard), nobody is actually going to care about inflation.

They also care about their grocery bill. My wife and I’s bill is still pretty high. If that goes down, then sure, people will forget about inflation.

I do think people overrate Trump’s popularity outside the GOP. Looking back to 2020, I can see why Trump was so pissed, the GOP was popular at the time, but he was not. I think more Trump scandal and the GOP continuing to support him will hurt them going into the midterms. Why do you think the GOP was so outraged

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:

There is more ways inflation affects people than gas prices, but even if that was true, they’re still twice as high as in Jan 21

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:18 pm
Superfreak

Shack wrote:
Just cause inflation went from 9.1% to 8.5% from June to July doesn't mean it isn't still a significant problem for Democrats in the midterms, and for people that care about inflation more than the environment the recent bill isn’t going to impress them.

You need to take a MUCH broader view of this issue.

Incomes are up greatly, the stock market has recovered, unemployment is remarkably low, and gas has dropped mightily. The sentiment is no doubt much rosier now than it was 6 weeks ago.

The rest of the arguments still stand, by the way.

The GOP is def. suffering from a lack of a clear message in terms of proactive policy while the Dems are notching win after win. The poll showing Demmings with a 4% lead over Rubio is not a joke. Your average swing voter has no idea what the Republicans stand for other than supporting Trump and overturning abortion. :roll:

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 186  Next