Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Obama's Gonna Make A Great Vice-President! 
Extra on the Ordinary

Post Re: Obama's Gonna Make A Great Vice-President!
It would be bad for him to say otherwise.

That is more or less the same thing John Edwards said in '04. And Al Gore in '92. And countless others before him...

I stand by my statement. Others will argue against it. I will just let time prove me right ;)

Best Actress 2008

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Rod wrote:

That is more or less the same thing John Edwards said in '04. And Al Gore in '92. And countless others before him...

They dance the dance of polticians from time immemorial.

Rod wrote:
I stand by my statement. Others will argue against it. I will just let time prove me right ;)

You have seen the light!

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:46 pm
Extraordinary

Rod wrote:

I actually agree with you in one sense: the party will do its best to make the winner take the loser on as VP. Not sure the loser will accept, though.

And as I said earlier, Obama had to say this, and he's absolutely right.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Yknow, is it an impossibility that Clinton would decline a VP offer? She'd be, what?, 68 in 2016, still younger than McCain is right now...

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Here's the deal. Obama taking Clinton as VP doesn't make sense. Why would he do it? Just because women are blinded by her or she has this fake stranglehold on the latino vote. All she'll bring is baggage and she isn't even bringing a state with her either. He would be wise to pick a governor of a swing state and not try to force a fake dream ticket with a clinton attached to it.

If Hillary had the choice however it would make absolute sense to take Obama to keep the party together, but since that won't happen one shouldn't worry to much.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:05 pm
life begins now

nghtvsn wrote:
Here's the deal. Obama taking Clinton as VP doesn't make sense. Why would he do it? Just because women are blinded by her or she has this fake stranglehold on the latino vote. All she'll bring is baggage and she isn't even bringing a state with her either. He would be wise to pick a governor of a swing state and not try to force a fake dream ticket with a clinton attached to it.

If Hillary had the choice however it would make absolute sense to take Obama to keep the party together, but since that won't happen one shouldn't worry to much.

She'd probably bring Arkansas and would help in Florida, but there could be potential baggage, you're right.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:52 pm
Profile YIM
Indiana Jones IV

According to BKB, get Laura Bush some senate experience, and a nice jet that can take her to many countries, and you have the best candidate in the making.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Amer wrote:
According to BKB, get Laura Bush some senate experience, and a nice jet that can take her to many countries, and you have the best candidate in the making.

A bit unfair no? Hillary was way more active that Laura Bush in regards to being First Lady. Yeah, that alone doesn't count as experience, but Laura Bush really has done SHIT. Hillary was all over the place when Bill was in the White House. And you forget that back then people even joked about who really wore the pants in White House.

Last edited by Mr. Reynolds on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:22 pm
Superfreak

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:26 pm
Extraordinary

Mista Nasty Time wrote:

Extremely Frightening :whaa:

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:20 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Hillary Clinton is a shitty candidate.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:34 pm
Superfreak

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:35 pm
Extraordinary

When reponses have sunk to the level of the last four posts in this thread, you know that reality is sinking in to the Obama camp, and they're starting to get desperate...

Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:24 am
Superfreak

heh i honestly kinda feel bad for hillarys supporters...you people really cantg imagine your candidate not getting it, can you

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:09 am
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Mista Nasty Time wrote:
heh i honestly kinda feel bad for obamas supporters...you people really cantg imagine your candidate not getting it, can you

you have seen the light....

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:19 am
Superfreak

seeing as everybody expected hilldog to win earlier on when we supported him, that argument has no substance :thumbsup:

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:33 am
Indiana Jones IV

Groucho wrote:
Bradley Witherberry wrote:

For Obama, it's all over except for the petulance of his supporters (who are so young, they haven't grown a thick enough skin to bounce back from their unrealistic dreaming).

WTF?

He's ahead of her in delgates, and has won more states, and you're saying it's over for him?

She needs to win 57% or so of all the votes left in order to get the nomination. He only needs 46%. He can lose every single primary coming up and still have enough delegates to get the nomination, and he's the one for whom it's all over?

Man! The Hillary people say the Obama folks are deluded, but if they have you believing this, I think we know who the deluded people are.

Groucho I am fine with either candidate. I also know that Obama has an outline for many issues on his site and that he is ahead in delegates now. I also know that Obama has missed more vote in the Senate than any other Candidate and that he has made many promises in past campaigns that he has not delivered on. tha tis why to me he is an Empty Suit. It also seems to me that Obama has been given a Silver Platter post Iowa in the Media which has boosted his campaign invariably and it is one thing that it can be taken away. I also know that Obama has not actually had a challeneged Campaign which me questions how he would handle a true smear campaign come fall especially since many people have elevated Obama way to high in their eyes. Many people I know who support Obama can't say what his stance are on the issues, Say stuff like he voted against the war, or say blankly he will change things without being to say what. I know you have most likely read his and Hillary's stances on things on their respective website for everything from healthcare to locally grown biofuel to credit issues. I have but I still wouldn't vote for Obama in the primaries. Maybe you feel he is a better candidate and having seen you post here for so long I know you have come to this conclusion with rational thought unlike many but for me I have problems with a Reagan like candidate that does Morning in America speeches and drowns out his message with stresses on certain words that have little do with his point. I also question his ability to work with a bi-partisian congress(Yes I actually think McCain could do that better)from his record.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Rod wrote:

When was Edwards ever leading in '04? The contradiction of her campaign claiming that he's not ready to be President but he's ready to be just a heartbeat away from the Presidency is laughable. It's also laughable that the second place candidate is trying to belittle the frontrunner by offering him the VP slot. :funny:

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Why is "asshat" not a politically acceptable term? It allows the convenient encapsulation of a shipload of cumbersome insults into one efficient, pithy word.

Ergo, I denounce and reject asshats.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3