Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Quentin Tarrantino Ready For KILL BILL III 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Quentin Tarrantino Ready For KILL BILL III
http://chud.com/articles/articles/20984 ... Page1.html

VEGA BROTHERS? NOPE. KILL BILL 3? YEP.
By Renn Brown Published Today News
So here's the thing… Tarantino is a passionate, excited guy who has spoken about more potential projects and sequels than he could ever feasibly make.

Here's the other thing... Less than two years ago, Tarantino publicly stated at Cannes his determination to get Inglourious Basterds made within a year for the next Cannes… and then he did.

So, when Tarantino goes on an Italian talkshow, leads the host to ask about Kill Bill 3 and then declares his intent for the "Bride to fight again!" we have to pay a bit more attention to it than we did two years ago. That being said, a grain of salt as big as a Buick is necessary with any news like this.

Tarantino toes the line that he kept up when he was producing and releasing the original films, saying that he wants a ten year gap between the films. His reasons are so that he and Uma can have a break, and because he loves the character and he thinks he deserves a ten year peace...

"She deserves ten years of no fighting, ten years with her child BB. I put her through a lot in those two movies and I want her to have a nice peaceful life for ten years."

Considering that it's been six years since the release of the first film, it will only be a few years before we start reaching that decade gap (considering production time as well). If Tarantino is as intent on getting Kill Bill: Volume 3 (or Kill The Bride as I vaguely remember Tarantino mentioning somewhere) put together as he was Inglourious Basterds, than we just might start hearing some noise about it soon. If Tarantino is distracted by something shinier though… don't hold your breath.

Also interesting is Tarantino eliminating the delusion of the Vega Brothers sequel to Pulp Fiction, stating that "it would never happen." Duh. To hear him say it though, should definitely kill those Oh Don Pianos once and for all.

I'm not the strongest at jumping between translations and deciphering Italian, but those that can may find even more nuggets in the interview that I've embedded below.

Guess she'll fight that kid from that scene where the Bride killed her mother.. The thing of it is, didn't KILL BILL pretty much put closure on the story since Bill is, well, dead??? How does he go about doing this?? Make a Prequel perhaps?? How about the studio release the much talked about "The Whole Bloody Affair" which incorporated the movie back into 1??? :-k

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: Quentin Tarrantino Ready For KILL BILL III
MR. GREEN wrote:
http://chud.com/articles/articles/20984/1/VEGA-BROTHERS-NOPE-KILL-BILL-3-YEP/Page1.html

VEGA BROTHERS? NOPE. KILL BILL 3? YEP.
By Renn Brown Published Today News
So here's the thing… Tarantino is a passionate, excited guy who has spoken about more potential projects and sequels than he could ever feasibly make.

Here's the other thing... Less than two years ago, Tarantino publicly stated at Cannes his determination to get Inglourious Basterds made within a year for the next Cannes… and then he did.

So, when Tarantino goes on an Italian talkshow, leads the host to ask about Kill Bill 3 and then declares his intent for the "Bride to fight again!" we have to pay a bit more attention to it than we did two years ago. That being said, a grain of salt as big as a Buick is necessary with any news like this.

Tarantino toes the line that he kept up when he was producing and releasing the original films, saying that he wants a ten year gap between the films. His reasons are so that he and Uma can have a break, and because he loves the character and he thinks he deserves a ten year peace...

"She deserves ten years of no fighting, ten years with her child BB. I put her through a lot in those two movies and I want her to have a nice peaceful life for ten years."

Considering that it's been six years since the release of the first film, it will only be a few years before we start reaching that decade gap (considering production time as well). If Tarantino is as intent on getting Kill Bill: Volume 3 (or Kill The Bride as I vaguely remember Tarantino mentioning somewhere) put together as he was Inglourious Basterds, than we just might start hearing some noise about it soon. If Tarantino is distracted by something shinier though… don't hold your breath.

Also interesting is Tarantino eliminating the delusion of the Vega Brothers sequel to Pulp Fiction, stating that "it would never happen." Duh. To hear him say it though, should definitely kill those Oh Don Pianos once and for all.

I'm not the strongest at jumping between translations and deciphering Italian, but those that can may find even more nuggets in the interview that I've embedded below.

Guess she'll fight that kid from that scene where the Bride killed her mother.. The thing of it is, didn't KILL BILL pretty much put closure on the story since Bill is, well, dead??? How does he go about doing this?? Make a Prequel perhaps?? How about the studio release the much talked about "The Whole Bloody Affair" which incorporated the movie back into 1??? :-k

>>>> Yup but this sure isn't enough for a movie > Sounds plausible.. Guess she'll fight that kid from that scene where the Bride killed her mother.

I wonder if any of the others had kids, that would be cool if a relative of all the originals came after her.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Elle isn't dead either I don't think. At least, she could have survived unless Tarantino has said otherwise.

Sofie wasn't killed either. I think Beatrix even calls her Bill's protege before attacking her. I doubt she'd play a character, but it's a possibility.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

したい wrote:
Elle isn't dead either I don't think. At least, she could have survived unless Tarantino has said otherwise.

Sofie wasn't killed either. I think Beatrix even calls her Bill's protege before attacking her. I doubt she'd play a character, but it's a possibility.

Sofie could easily play a characher as she got her arm?? cut off by the bride. So she could play a part....like maybe one of the people involved in setting up the revenge plot.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:47 pm
Horror Hound

This would be massive.

Kill Bill is loved.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:26 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

Not by me.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:12 pm
Extraordinary

Me neither.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:18 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Kris K wrote:
This would be massive.

Kill Bill is loved.

It would only be massive if the story were plausible, but since Bill is dead, it defeats the purpose of calling it KILL BILL 3..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:47 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

That's all talk. Won't happen.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:36 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

MR. GREEN wrote:
Kris K wrote:
This would be massive.

Kill Bill is loved.

It would only be massive if the story were plausible, but since Bill is dead, it defeats the purpose of calling it KILL BILL 3..

thinking about this....

well they didn't tell the earlier story of how the group operated as a gang. They have the whole pre-story to tell before the group killed the bride.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 am
INRI

maybe there could be another bill to kill, such as bill pullman or uncle bill from the 60s tv series or maybe they could burn money bills and scream: "KILL BILL", it would be a very cool anti-capitalist movie starring bill gates and baron yuzhny michailov the elder; they would burn the money and on top of the pile would be bill ramsey, singing a bad song and underneath the pile would be a billard player shouting that he's the wrong guy at the wrong place at the wrong time and his queue would be burning quickly and then there's a sequence from the hustler out of nowhere, but this time eli roth plays the paul newman part and it's in technicolor, because tarantino thinks it would have been cooler if it was from the 70s instead of the 60s and some black guy plays the queue, he should be as tall and thin like the guy from king solomon's mines to pull it off and of course the music would be something by CCR, one of their lesser hits. i think that could work!

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:16 am
Pure Phase

I wonder if there's a list of all the projects Tarantino has excitedly talked up and then never made... If so, I'm sure a third Kill Bill should be on it.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:37 am
Extraordinary

Sza has featured Vivaca A Fox in her new music video for Kill Bill...

Volume 3 may not be too far away based on how popular this song and video will get! :thumbsup: Sza is still #1 on the albums chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSRcC626prw

Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

It would be his highest-grossing film if he made it. Or, well, his highest opening for sure.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

It'd be a good "final" film, I think. He has said he'll retire after his tenth film, and he considers Kill Bill one film, so he, presumably, has one film remaining unless he's changed his mind. But maybe he'd include a Kill Bill 3 with the first two as a single film so he can do something else as his "tenth" film, either before or after a possible Kill Bill 3.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I'd be up for a 3rd film as long as it isnt his last film (if he is really going to stop offcourse) so yes I like Corpse's idea

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:22 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Gaga for the villain please. I feel like her and Uma would work amazing together.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:13 pm
Extraordinary

Vivica is ready for KB3!

Interestingly, she suggested Zendaya would be her top choice for her daughter to take on Uma's character. Would definitely get Zendaya a lot of movie awards buzz if she manages to pull it off.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/vivi ... 235498634/

Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I'll believe it when I see it.

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:00 pm
Devil's Advocate

I don't see it happening either.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:32 pm
Romosexual!

lilmac wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it.

same

Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:45 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

It will happen after the Vega bros movie.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:59 am
The Kramer

MadGez wrote:
It will happen after the Vega bros movie.
Maybe we'll get Quenfinity War?

Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:13 am
Veteran

He's said in the past that he'll stop with 10 films and that will be The Movie Critic.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235351260/

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:04 am
The Kramer

But he counts Kill Bill 1 and 2 as one film so there's an out to make KB3 and still "retire at ten."

Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next