Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Movie with the worst crowd reaction 
We had our time together

Post Movie with the worst crowd reaction
Yesterday I saw Alexander in theaters and it was awesome how many people were hating it. Everybody was incredible bored. There was a break about halfway through. I heard people talking about what they should have watched in TV...

But my worst crowd reaction ever was during a Sneak Preview. They showed an little art film called Mein Russland (Surely in the top 3 of the worst movies I've ever seen). People were walking out in masses! Absolutely everybody who stayed (including me and a friend) made fun of it. We felt like Survivors. :lol:

What about you?

Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Movie with the worst crowd reaction
Riggs27 wrote:
But my worst crowd reaction ever was during a Sneak Preview. They showed an little art film called Mein Russland (Surely in the top 3 of the worst movies I've ever seen). People were walking out in masses! Absolutely everybody who stayed (including me and a friend) made fun of it. We felt like Survivors. :lol:

What about you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The worst crowd reaction was The Poet (sneak preview) and Hero (yep, it was not good received at my screening)... :)

Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:17 pm
College Boy Z

There's only a handful of movies I saw that got horrible reactions in a theater. The Village got a terrible reaction. Everyone was yelling out loud how much the movie sucked, some people were asking for their money back. Another movie that got a bad reaction recently was Darkness, which everyone got pissed off that the movie had no ending.

Alexander didn't get a bad reaction at my theater.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:17 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I would say the Village. People booed at the end and when we got next to the register people where yelled, "The Village Sucks, don't spend your money on it." I personally liked it though(the Movie that is not the people screaming)

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Worst I've ever seen was the remake of "Solaris" with George Clooney - about an hour into the show, groups of people started walking out. More groups kept leaving, until by the end only a handful of masochists (like me) were left. Of those remaining, one guy was snoring loudly and had to be woken by the usher.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:21 pm
Kypade

there was a collective groan at the end, a few people walked out, and walking out pretty much everyone was talking bout how bad it was...

l really, really liked it. :oops: :?

actually, l guess an equally bad reaction would have been Before Sunset. there were three people in the theater (me and an old couple)...the two old people walked out, talking bout how boring it was, within 10, 15 minutes.

again, l loved it :oops:

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:26 pm
We had our time together

this year, without a doubt, Birth.

there was a collective groan at the end, a few people walked out, and walking out pretty much everyone was talking bout how bad it was...

l really, really liked it. :oops: :?

actually, l guess an equally bad reaction would have been Before Sunset. there were three people in the theater (me and an old couple)...the two old people walked out, talking bout how boring it was, within 10, 15 minutes.

again, l loved it :oops:

I'm really anticipating Birth and Before Sunset was great. :D

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Open Water at my theater was funny. Every time a shark fin was shown on screen, an old lady behind me sighed every time. It was quite comicle. Plus, that movie sucked as it was.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:05 pm
now we know

Stop all this hating for Alexander, i still have to see it, but im already building up a sense of "itll be crap", so pelase, stop slagging it off. thankyou

Anyway, my worst crowd reaction was for Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, people were laughing at its patheticness. Saying that, i dont really go to see a lot of films at the cinema, only about 30 - 35 a year, maybe a little more or little less depending on the year, so i dont have that much of a scope to choose a bad film. Also, i have good taste and usually know when a film is a stinker :lol:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Actually, i just thought of an occasion when i was walking out of seeing The Grudge and someone said:

"well, ive just wasted 2 hours of my life, that was the worst film ive ever seen"

So, its a toss up between T3 or The Grudge for my worst crowd reaction :?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Hot Fuss

T3 got a good reaction at my theatre. But anyway.

For me, this is easy. I remember it well.

Dudley Doo-Right. Didn't pay for it. It was so extremely terrible that nearly half the theatre, me included, had walked out after 15 minutes.

Or The Cat in the Hat

Teehe.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Where will you be?

The Grudge got a TERRIFIC reaction from my audience. People screaming non-stop.

One of my worst has to be AI: Artificial Intelligence. Lots of people walked out and were clearly dissapointed. I also heard TONS of bad stuff about The Village when walking out of it.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:08 pm
Superman: The Movie

There were three crowd reactions this year that I haven't forgotten (One was only yesterday, so I guess that would be hard to forget).

The first one was for The Punisher. I have never seen a crowd laugh at all the wrong times during a film. The one that I remember most was when John Travolta's character threw his wife onto the railroad tracks. Another would be when Castle's entire family was blown away.

The second was for The Grudge for the same reason I mentioned up above. People would just laugh at all the wrong moments.

The third an final one only occured yesterday, and that was at The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Even though the movie was being shown for free, people were walking out left and right. There were two people behind me who left after only 20 minutes. I find it to be completely moronic whether you paid for the film or not to walk out on a movie in general (Mostly because even if I hate a movie, I at least want to know what happens to the characters that I despise so much). But some people were walking out after 20 minutes? You can at least be a little more patient to see if the film is going to get better or not.

However, once the movie was over, as I mentioned before in the Your Take section, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one in the theater to have really enjoyed the film.

Some teenagers who sat in front of me thought this was going to be a typical comedy because of Owen Wilson and Bill Murray. It wasn't a typical comedy, but it was still a comedy, and a damn good one to add. They however left the theater with bored looks on their faces. Even during the movie, one man shouted, "This movie sucks!" and walked out. Just by overhearing some more people walking out, I think most agreed.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I think the worst crowd reaction I ever saw after a film ended was that godawful Ewan McGregor-Ashley Judd thriller Eye of the Beholder. The crowd completely hated it, and I heard boos, which I had never heard before.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:35 pm
Cream of the Crop

The worst crowd report of the year was definately 'The Passion of the Christ' - half of the audience leaved the cinema. But it was not that surprising to me, because I think most viewers expected it to be different - they were really shocked to see Jesus getting tortured on the big screen...

Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:58 pm
now we know

Well it is harder to judge crowd reaction in the UK, because we tend to watch the film.

Americans and Canadians tend to 'boo' or 'cheer' to a film when it gets interesting or lame. Which is obviously easier to observe.

I would have to eaves drop on peoples conversations to know how the reaction was, so its hard.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

Well the worst crowd reaction I have heard is between The Matrix Revolutions and Van Helsing, no one walked out of eather knowone booed eather but there was a large grone after the two films. Infact Alaskans usually dont walk out of films or boo them, there is a lot more cheering going on here especialy for ROTK and Spider-Man 2 8) Even National Treasure was able to muster some cheering 8)

And Algren Alexander is not a bad or boring film :wink: it seems a lot of the croud reports Ive hurd consurning this film is a lot of people downing the film because they can 8) I gave it a B+ due to length, Im not a long film fan thats why I gave the aviator an A- 8)

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

And Algren Alexander is not a bad or boring film :wink: it seems a lot of the croud reports Ive hurd consurning this film is a lot of people downing the film because they can 8) I gave it a B+ due to length

Good :)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

well, i guess it was Alexander! an extremely boring movie

when i went to the washroom during the movie, a few people were sleeping lol!

when it finally finished everybody left with a horrible lock on their faces!
incluading myself

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:48 pm
New Server, Same X

Actually, i just thought of an occasion when i was walking out of seeing The Grudge and someone said:

"well, ive just wasted 2 hours of my life, that was the worst film ive ever seen"

One person said it sucked, and that's the worst crowd reaction?

And, I will not stop the Alexander hating.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:02 pm
Extraordinary

Wild Wild West got the worse crowd reaction i ever saw,when the film was at its mid point people started booing very violently and throwing popcorn and candy at the screen,and then a loud chant broke out,everyone was chanting Give us our money back you bastards!
I too was one of the ones who was chanting.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Algren wrote:

One person said it sucked, and that's the worst crowd reaction?

And, I will not stop the Alexander hating.

Yes, because i generally dont see shit films. OR tend to give a shit about what people say. OR i stay too long at the end to get anyone's view on it. lol

Please stop the Alexander hating, have you seen it? can you point me in the right direction for a review?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

I have yet to see a movie with bad crowd reaction. You do not see much reaction to movies here in britain, even if the film is good. :roll: I was watching troy a few months back sneeks weekend, there were around about 50 people in a 125 seater. No-one moved for the 2hrs30, it was absolutely silent for god-sake, and i was dying for a piss half way through the movie.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Oh, actually I remember, Day after Tomorrow got a somewhat bad response. There were a few groans during the movie, and at the end of it, i heard someone say 'We should've watched Harry Potter'

Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Yes, because i generally dont see shit films.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No comment.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next