Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 The Amityville Horror Trailer!! 
Teh Mexican

Post The Amityville Horror Trailer!!
http://www.mtv.com/shared/movies/features/a/amityville_sv_041201/

OK!, the first part of the trailer kinda reminds me of The Texas Chainsaw massacre :?

but it looks good!, i like it!

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:47 pm
College Boy Z

I cannot wait to see that! You're right matatonio, it looks like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If it is anything close to that, I'll love it. :D

Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:41 pm
College Boy T

But, it can't be worse than the original. One of the most overrated horror films ever, besides The Ring and The Exorcist.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:34 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to this, which surprised me... Also I'm really starting to like that Ryan Reynolds fellow. Not in a gay way or anything.

Okay, well maybe a little bit in a gay way.

*fawns*

Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:42 pm
rustiphica

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to this, which surprised me... Also I'm really starting to like that Ryan Reynolds fellow. Not in a gay way or anything.

Okay, well maybe a little bit in a gay way.

*fawns*

you're such a cigarette.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:13 pm
life begins now

Well, I haven't watched the trailer...

But, it can't be worse than the original. One of the most overrated horror films ever, besides The Ring and The Exorcist.

What?! You didn't like those two movies? I thought they both were brilliant.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:43 pm
Profile YIM
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I'll agree with you on "The Ring" since this seems to be more of a Generational thing in this day and age when it comes to horror and what scares teens now doesn't scare the adults that grew up on Classics like The Exorcist or The Amityville Horror like myself at 38 years old... The only concern I see is the way the house looks in this Amityville Remake cause it looks radically different than what it supposed to look like, especially from the original movie.. Movies folks back then relied on Psychological Horror which is infinitely better than a movie with a sheer amount of unnecessary gore for the sake of throwing gore in..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

torrino wrote:

I'll agree with you on "The Ring" since this seems to be more of a Generational thing in this day and age when it comes to horror and what scares teens now doesn't scare the adults that grew up on Classics like The Exorcist or The Amityville Horror like myself at 38 years old... The only concern I see is the way the house looks in this Amityville Remake cause it looks radically different than what it supposed to look like, especially from the original movie.. Movies folks back then relied on Psychological Horror which is infinitely better than a movie with a sheer amount of unnecessary gore for the sake of throwing gore in..

The amityville horror scared you? The original was the most overrated piece of garbage I have ever seen. The part with the dog in the end? :lol: Seriously I was expecting good things out of this, and ended up loathing it. Older movie are scary though...Exorcist, Shining, Last house on the left...ect

However the trailer for this looks very promising and I cannot wait to see it

Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:09 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
torrino wrote:

The amityville horror scared you? The original was the most overrated piece of garbage I have ever seen. The part with the dog in the end? :lol: Seriously I was expecting good things out of this, and ended up loathing it. Older movie are scary though...Exorcist, Shining, Last house on the left...ect

However the trailer for this looks very promising and I cannot wait to see it

No, The Amityville Horror did not scare me as a kid back in 1979 when this was released, but the book did... The problem with scary movies then VS Now is the fact that you as a moviegoer are expecting to be scared when you see a horror movie and as a result, it doesn't always work that way because your expecting it... I'll take psychological horror anyday over the tripe that is released today in theatres when it comes to scary movies cause studios aren't more focused on making the movie scary, there more focused on the gore factor... More gore in a horror movie doesn't make for a scary movie folks, it's the psychologcal elements that make it scary and make you think.. Films of the past like "BLACK CHRISTMAS" or even "The Exorcist" were scary cause of that, but teens in this day and age don't seem to agree with that because there spoiled and have to have an extreme amount of gore to make a film scary.. The problem is, is that you've all been exposed to so many horror movies and gore in the last 25 years that your desensitized to them now..

Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:55 am
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

Wow, that trailer was awesome! It looks really scary. I can't wait to see it, and Ryan Reynolds looks so cute. :)

Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Cream of the Crop

VERY UNSETTLING PIECE OF WORK

Just ask anyone who's felt a ghostly presence

ABOUT THE HOUSE

Very disturbing :?

ESPECIALLY

The bit with the priest

"GET OUT!!"

:cry:

Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Good call on BLACK CHRISTMAS BKB!

Very unsettling and creepy

LAID THE GROUNDWORK FOR

"halloween" too :)

Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

It rocked, looks freaky as hell

Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:23 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

The trailer looks good. My problem with the original was the pacing was dreadfully slow. It seemed like more of a documentary then a horror film. Don't get me wrong, I prefer psychological horror over gore-fests anyday, but I felt that Amittyville was lacking.

As far as The Exorcist, it was unsettling, but not what I would call "scary" per se.

Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:28 pm

The trailer looks good. My problem with the original was the pacing was dreadfully slow. It seemed like more of a documentary then a horror film. Don't get me wrong, I prefer psychological horror over gore-fests anyday, but I felt that Amittyville was lacking.

As far as The Exorcist, it was unsettling, but not what I would call "scary" per se.

See?? I enjoyed the original and it's documentary look cause the house looked more like it should look VS how they built another house for the remake that stands taller than how it should look and it almost looks like they borrowed the house for the remake from the "Cat in the Hat" or something.. Nevertheless, I'll still see this when it comes out to see if in fact they stay true to the Novel, which was scary to read at night and to this day.. :wink:

Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]