Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GET YOUR FILMS QUEUED UP! Its that time of year again! 
Extraordinary

Post GET YOUR FILMS QUEUED UP! Its that time of year again!
<center>Image</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>Over the next day or two, getluv and I will be pulling together the final format for this year's festival. We are still looking for "hosts" and anyone who is interested please drop one of us a note. We will be trying a few new events as well, so we hope you really enjoy what we have in store for you this year.</center>

Festival Threads

Year 1:
Asian Horror Film Festival Thread: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=518
Canadian Film Festival Thread: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247
Chinese Film Festival Thread: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=305
Down Under Film Festival Thread: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=408
French Film Festival Thread: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=528
Italian Film Festival Thread: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146
Italian Horror Festival Thread: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=290
Spanish Film Festival Thread: http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=151

Year 2:
Australian Film Festival Thread: http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12700
Canadian Film Festival Thread: http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12864
French Film Festival Thread: http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12829
Indian Film Festival Thread: http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12943
Italian Film Festival Thread: http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12566
Modern Asian Horror Thread: http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12605
Spanish Language Film Festival Thread: http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12849

Last edited by dolcevita on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:34 pm
You must have big rats

Before making any agreements...I need the dates :)

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Before making any agreements...I need the dates :)

We'll have it all set in the next day or two. But I'm thinking we'll be recruiting hosts and building threads over the next two weeks, and that will give people time to order and get movies, and the festival will probably start mid-way through October.

This is not final, until I speak with getluv though, as we may decide people need more or less time to get the movies, etc.

Thanks for being quick to show support though. Its nice to see some enthusiasm. We've thought of some special stuff for this year.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:41 pm
You must have big rats

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I'll actually participate more this time, I've got Netflix all set up. I think I've got a huge number of foreign films on it already, and I'll be catching a few of the Almadalovar flicks during the festival when its at my local indie theater.

Can't wait. ;)

And psst...Dolce, would you like a cool poster? ;)

Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:51 pm
Extraordinary

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:10 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Yes please. A classy, sexy one. :-)

I'll work on that this weekend. ;)

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:46 pm
htm

Yay, Jeff. You need to be exposed to some Almodovar- my favorite director, hands down. I'm jealous.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:40 am
Lover of Bacon

Yay, Jeff. You need to be exposed to some Almodovar- my favorite director, hands down. I'm jealous.

Volver has really tweaked my interest in Almodovar, I have La Mala Educacion and Hable con Ella on order to check out soon. Hope they're as good as Volver is!

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:53 am
Draughty

Am I the only one who thinks the woman in red in the right of the poster looks a bit like our hostess? I probably wouldn't if I knew who the actress was I guess but I don't.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see this festival is going again. People should put it in their signatures when they post on other forums.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
htm

Am I the only one who thinks the woman in red in the right of the poster looks a bit like our hostess? I probably wouldn't if I knew who the actress was I guess but I don't.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see this festival is going again. People should put it in their signatures when they post on other forums.

That would be the lovely Tara Morice, I believe.

:biggrin:

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:47 pm
htm

zennier wrote:

Volver has really tweaked my interest in Almodovar, I have La Mala Educacion and Hable con Ella on order to check out soon. Hope they're as good as Volver is!

Since I haven't seen Volver, I can't compare it, but Bad Education is my second favorite film of all time. If you haven't seen it, get a copy of Todo Sobre Mi Madre (All About My Mother), another personal favorite. I'm not very familiar with earlier works like Atamé because I can't get my hands on copies. Almodovar is great.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:49 pm
Lover of Bacon

Andrew wrote:
zennier wrote:

Since I haven't seen Volver, I can't compare it, but Bad Education is my second favorite film of all time. If you haven't seen it, get a copy of Todo Sobre Mi Madre (All About My Mother), another personal favorite. I'm not very familiar with earlier works like Atamé because I can't get my hands on copies. Almodovar is great.

I suppose that's nothing to do with the lovely Gael? ;) I'm trying to hunt down All about my mother, if they're up to Volver standards i might be tempted by the Almodovar box set i saw today.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:55 pm
htm

zennier wrote:
Andrew wrote:
zennier wrote:

I suppose that's nothing to do with the lovely Gael? ;) I'm trying to hunt down All about my mother, if they're up to Volver standards i might be tempted by the Almodovar box set i saw today.

Boxed set? There was one in the US, but it was discontinued. I want it... :unsure:

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:04 pm
Lover of Bacon

Volume 1 Bad Education, Talk To Her, All About My Mother, Live Flesh, Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down
Volume 2 Matador, The Law Of Desire, Kika, The Flower Of My Secret

Anyway, i'll look forward to the festival and try to participate where i can :)

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:23 pm
Extraordinary

Zennier. you gonna host the Spanish Film Festival thread this year, I take it?

Archie, you've never seen Baz's best movie to date? Shame on you. Its Strictly Ballroom, and its one of my favorite movies of all time.

OK, details.

After talking it over, getluv and I have decided we are going to recruit hosts this week, and hopefully have them start building threads so that by next weekend, people can start putting movies in their order queues or go search for them at local rantal shops. We are doing some special events this time around, so I don't want to tell participants what they are, but I will be telling hosts in dvance. Please post in this thread what "country" and/or "country'genre" you will be hosting and pm getluv and myself so that we can reveal the details.

As in the past, I highly encourage hosts to find a co-host, to ease the burden of keeping each thread vibrant, and also to expand coverage of film knowledge, etc. Last year I coulpled up for the Italian Film thread with FILMO who specially handled all the Spaghetti Westerns, while I did the other stuff, etc.

Getluv and I want to make this really big this year, so as usual suggestions are welcome. Please pm suggestions to getluv and myself, so that we can discuss them, how to implement them, and because we like to reveal things as surprises...like the winter holidays come early, heh.

I will be covering the Italian Film Festival thread, and am looking for a co-host again.

I've also included links to the past festivals in the first post so KJ members not familiar with this event can look through last year's and the year before's threads.

And yeah, putting this in your sig would help oodles.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:38 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Ok, to work on the poster, I need a few things...

One, any really good film posters/still images you can find, email them to me: jeffschade3@gmail.com
Second, I need the names of some of the best foreign directors, film names etc. Yes, this can be subjective, you'll see where I am going later. ;)

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:01 pm
htm

One, any really good film posters/still images you can find, email them to me: jeffschade3@gmail.com
Second, I need the names of some of the best foreign directors, film names etc. Yes, this can be subjective, you'll see where I am going later. ;)

Almodovar, Almodovar, and Almodovar :tongue:

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:04 pm
Forum General

I don't want to make any promises I can't keep because I haven't been active with this the past couple of times, but I am interested and would love to try and join in if I have time.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:21 pm
Team Kris

RogueONE wrote:

VIVA PEDRO!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:27 pm
htm

zennier wrote:
RogueONE wrote:

VIVA PEDRO!

Indeed. If dolce can get away with raving about Fellini all day, I sure as hell am going to rave about THE man, Almodovar.

I am up for hosting. Jeff said he would co-host with me, which I am hoping means provide some custom graphics and commit to doing a few reviews. I'll try and put up a page tonight we some films and general information, as well as previous posts of interest from last year. The format dar and I (dar is encouraged to help me! He is a wealth of knowledge!) didn't work so well as there was limited participation. I'll try something new, perhaps sticking to dolce's new format, going by decade.

And yes, I simply must devote a section to Almodovar. If there is anything I want new posters to sample, it is his slice of life works. Of course, I hate to see other directors overshadowed, so there will be plenty of well-rounded coverage.

Yay! I can't wait to get everything established. I hope to see a huge turn out.

Jeff, get crackin' on some banners for us and for the entire festival! You've been recruited! :ohmy:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:13 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:42 pm
Extraordinary

Christian wrote:
VIVA PEDRO!

Indeed. If dolce can get away with raving about Fellini all day, I sure as hell am going to rave about THE man, Almodovar.

I am up for hosting. Jeff said he would co-host with me, which I am hoping means provide some custom graphics and commit to doing a few reviews. I'll try and put up a page tonight we some films and general information, as well as previous posts of interest from last year. The format dar and I (dar is encouraged to help me! He is a wealth of knowledge!) didn't work so well as there was limited participation. I'll try something new, perhaps sticking to dolce's new format, going by decade.

And yes, I simply must devote a section to Almodovar. If there is anything I want new posters to sample, it is his slice of life works. Of course, I hate to see other directors overshadowed, so there will be plenty of well-rounded coverage.

Yay! I can't wait to get everything established. I hope to see a huge turn out.

Jeff, get crackin' on some banners for us and for the entire festival! You've been recruited! :ohmy:

Remember, every host has his or her own flavor, so you don't have to go "By the decade." You may want to focus on Pedro, and how he resurrected Spanish film internationally as a huge mainstream worker. I mean, he IS Spanish film right now, and he's probably acheived greater fame in the US than any international director ever. Some may debate this point, but as a household name, he's beaten out any Frenchman, Kurasawa, Bergamn, and even Fellini. Hence the fairly wide distribution for the Viva Pedro festival, actually.

You may want to focus on him, and as an addition look at work he's produced, or like Tarantino, picked up and helped get audiences in the US (Holy Girl comes to mind) by putting his support behind it.

Rogue and Zennier, I will be emailing you a special instruction that getluv and I came up with. Check your pm boxes shortly.

Also, feel free to get the word out to other potential hosts and viewers, oh yeah, and put this thread in your sigs. :-)

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:51 pm
htm

We are drafting an outline for the festival as we speak and right now, there is quite a bit of Almodovar - mostly because 1) I've had experience with him and wish to see more and 2) Jeff will be attending some of the Viva Pedro releases.

I'll send you a copy of our further plans and such to see what you think; I don't want to clutter this thread up.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:00 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next