Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Most Obscure Movie Ever 
Extraordinary

Post Most Obscure Movie Ever
Okay guys...I really want to discuss this with someone who's seen it, but I have my doubts. lol.

Has anyone here seen *Wax, or the Discovery of Television Among the Bees*?

Its by David Blair, and its one of only two movies he's done. I saw it about two years ago, and well, uh....if you've seen it you know what I mean.

Anyways, in case no one's seen it, lets chat about the painfully obscure movies of the world anyways. Maybe we'll get lucky and two people on this board would have seen them and know what each other are talking about.

My other fave obscurities are,

Anna to the Infinite Power
A bratty young girl has weird flashback/dreams about Nazi Germany. A pianist moves in next door and starts manipulating the the girl, Anna. One day Anna sees someone being interviwed on tv that looks exactly like her and convinces her brother to help her investigate her flashbacks, the neighbor, and multiple other girls that look exactly like her. It is an unpolished movie and acting, but that's part of the fun.

My Twentieth Century
Twins Lili and Dora are born in Budapest on the exact same night that Thomas Edison exhibited his lightbulb. They are seperated at an early age and one becomes a revolutionary while the other a tease. The backdrop of new technologies involving lightbulbs and light fixtures make for a very sensuous landscape.

Maedchen in Uniform
Originally banned in Germany and the U.S. director Sagan voiced heavy criticism of the emerging Nazis and she was very sympathetic to femenist and lesbian discourse. The story is about a schoolgirl's longing for a very popular female teacher at an all girls boarding school.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:29 am
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Post Re: Most Obscure Movie Ever
[googlevideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=393660853970290500[/googlevideo]

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]