Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 I've Been Infected With The Dolce 
why's it called "the dolce"? .,.

if you need to ask then you don't have it :happy:

I just got back from Shortbus and Volver.

Shortbus blew me away. I need to sleep on it but it could very well become my #1 film of the year. Sex is such a powerful part of our lives. It can consume you, destroy you, or make you the happiest person on the planet. I happen to be going through a sexual revolution right now, so the timing couldnt have been any better for me to watch Shortbus.

And the soundtrack, oh how I love the soundtrack.

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:50 am
Extraordinary

Judging from that post, you didn't think too highly of Volver...

That's ok, it was Andrew's number two movie of the year so far as well, and he has better taste than you!

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:34 am

That's ok, it was Andrew's number two movie of the year so far as well, and he has better taste than you!

Quite the opposite. One, Penelope looked stunning in the film. And I knew approximately 0% of the storyline so I was really surprised at how twisted and warm and funny it was. It was my first Pedro film in a cinema and it was a great experience. Did I mention how incredible Penelope looked?

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:17 am
Christian's #1 Fan

Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 am
htm

kypade wrote:
why's it called "the dolce"? .,.

if you need to ask then you don't have it :happy:

I just got back from Shortbus and Volver.

Shortbus blew me away. I need to sleep on it but it could very well become my #1 film of the year. Sex is such a powerful part of our lives. It can consume you, destroy you, or make you the happiest person on the planet. I happen to be going through a sexual revolution right now, so the timing couldnt have been any better for me to watch Shortbus.

And the soundtrack, oh how I love the soundtrack.

I'm glad you loved Shortbus. It was, indeed, a wonderful movie. And the soundtrack (dunno about the singing tranny at the end... kind of.... well.... not so hot as jaye davidson, thats for sure... yikes)

Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:14 pm
Extraordinary

dolcevita wrote:

Quite the opposite. One, Penelope looked stunning in the film. And I knew approximately 0% of the storyline so I was really surprised at how twisted and warm and funny it was. It was my first Pedro film in a cinema and it was a great experience. Did I mention how incredible Penelope looked?

Phew. I felt bad reffering you to it all of a sudden. Yes, it was "warmer" than his last two outings. I take it back...you have great taste!

And as for Penelope's looks, I'd like to make an interesting observation that Pedro is one of the last guys out there who consciously casts and encourages ethnicity. I've always noticed his casting choices, and he really plays their Mediterranean backgrounds up rather than down. She looks much better in Volver than she does in films where they try to white-wash her, hide her nose, or play down her colorings. Eh, not sure if I'm being clear at all, but anyways, glad to hear you liked Volver. What do you think about Oscar chances now?

Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6