Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 super indies 
Kypade

Post super indies
what's up with all these movies i've never heard of that usually have like one semi-big star and always look semi-shitty...where do they come from? how do you get keira knightley to play a heroin-addict/prostitute/waitress who spends all her time hanging out with and giving drugs to an 11 yr old boy? (Pure, which actually wasn't too bad, but kinda was). Or Snoop Dogg to play an author who, uh, writes a book and fights a lot? :O (The Tenants) London, with Jessica Biel and Jason Statham fits too. I mean, obviously all you gotta do is pay em, but like, where do these films come from?

I watched The Squid and the Whale and The Woodsman (and the aforementioned Pure) back to back recently, and pretty much every trailer in front of them (and other similar type smaller indies) are these kindsa films... you can tell when you see the trailer for one cuz they tend to be dark (both visually and thematically), usually set in England or some other big grimey city with young characters who often take lots of drugs and murder and stuff.

kk, just had to get that off my chest fore this complab closes. :O :O

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:36 pm
Orphan

Who knows really but London was absolutely awful. My guess is that they're long-delayed films only released to cash-in on the popularity of a star who wasn't known when they were originallly made. Kind of like 'Archangel,' a recently released direct-to-DVD film starring Daniel Craig.

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]