Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Wow...Look at 'The Queen's' RT Rating 
Christian's #1 Fan

Post Wow...Look at 'The Queen's' RT Rating
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1163436-queen/

Yeah, 99% positive, over 70 positive reviews and just a single negative review. Amazing, absolutely amazing isn't it? Makes me even more excited to see it on Tuesday.

On a side note, the only negative review is from a UK Paper...really not surprising as I'm sure the film isn't exactly well received by HM the Queen.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:45 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Im not really sure how you can link a UK newspaper review to the Queens reaction. But okay.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
htm

Im not really sure how you can link a UK newspaper review to the Queens reaction. But okay.

Yeah, since when are the BBC and the Queen in bed together?

But whatever. The fact is the reviews are stunning.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:05 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Squishy wrote:

Eh, I just think that the BBC might have been not very well inclined to write a glowing review of putting HM in a negative light.

Then again, look at the reviews for F9/11.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:10 pm
htm

zennier wrote:
Squishy wrote:

Eh, I just think that the BBC might have been not very well inclined to write a glowing review of putting HM in a negative light.

Then again, look at the reviews for F9/11.

.... Again, not seeing the connection between the Queen and the BBC. I'll hit up my connections to see if there is really anything good or bad between them (seriously). Not some London Sun gossip, but the truth. I'm thinking they are indifferent towards each other. The BBC is so stoic and British, I seriously doubt they care enough about anyone enough to spin a review one way or the other :unsure:

I want to be called HM! :roll:

Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:12 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

I admit it I was making a connection that probably isn't there. I just found it odd that out of 79 reviews, the only negative review is from the BBC.

Anyway. I'm seeing it Tuesday and I cannot wait.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:18 pm
Lover of Bacon

The film itself is far from putting the queen in a negative light, the trailers may give that impression though. It really pisses me off that the one bad review is from the bbc though. The reviewer (Stella Papamichael) seems to have quite the political agenda, I tend to ignore her reviews on the most part.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:01 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

RogueONE wrote:

The film itself is far from putting the queen in a negative light, the trailers may give that impression though. It really pisses me off that the one bad review is from the bbc though. The reviewer (Stella Papamichael) seems to have quite the political agenda, I tend to ignore her reviews on the most part.

Yeah, it just seemed odd.

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]