Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 GET YOUR FILMS QUEUED UP! Its that time of year again! 
Christian's #1 Fan

I'm feeling creatively bankrupt tonight and very tired but I'll keep working on more. ;)

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:13 pm
htm

I'm feeling creatively bankrupt tonight and very tired but I'll keep working on more. ;)

I know the feeling! And, how appropriate! I am out of time, thanks to a pile of AP Spanish work awaiting me!! :biggrin:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:22 pm
Extraordinary

:biggrin: Did you see the one I made for my first Film Festival? It was like this. I said "Do you cry in Ran when the daughter and her handmaids get shot? Did it all go downhill for you after De Sica?" Or something like that.

Cute!

Oh, and remember hosts, write to me to know what getluv and I are planning for the big events. We need to get threads up soon. Everyone is welcome, and in fact, highly encouraged to participate!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:32 pm
htm

Hehe, Jeff, it is Almodovar, not Almadovar. :lol:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:47 pm
Extraordinary

That was my bad. I spelt it that way when I sent him a list of big director's names. Apologies. :blush:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:56 pm
htm

zennier wrote:

That was my bad. I spelt it that way when I sent him a list of big director's names. Apologies. :blush:

He has no excuses! I sent him a similar list with the name.

Still fun for a chuckle. Thanks for contributing, Jeff. :biggrin:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:16 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

OMG, I can't believe I spelled that wrong... I will fix that tomorrow. ;)

If anyone has any ideas for other catchy sayings etc...please give them to me and I'll put them up. I've got some more planned they are just tedious.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:37 pm
All Star Poster

I won't promise anything, because i'll feel horrible if i break any more promises. But i promise i'll try to watch at least one film.

For some random ideas, maybe you can have flyers that say "Third Annual E-ternational Film Festival". Just an idea.. trying to procrastinate so i'll try to think of some more. Maybe even a good one ;) lol

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Actually my answers would be:

1. No, I detest him.
2. No.
3. It depends on the movie.

...but i will still join. :tongue:

Anyone interested in Spanish Horror Festival?

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Team Kris

OMG, I can't believe I spelled that wrong... I will fix that tomorrow. ;)

If anyone has any ideas for other catchy sayings etc...please give them to me and I'll put them up. I've got some more planned they are just tedious.

"Amenabar and Almodovar ARE NOT the same people." :sweat:

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:41 pm
htm

Actually my answers would be:

1. No, I detest him.
2. No.
3. It depends on the movie.

...but i will still join. :tongue:

Anyone interested in Spanish Horror Festival?

I know Jeff loves horror, so we were thinking about putting in some horror. The closest thing "for-sure" on the list is Day of the Beast, which isn't exactly horror.

You are very welcome to participate to any level with us, or even make another thread (see dolce). We could always use the help and the more interest in Spanish Language film the better. I'd be interested in catching a flick or two. :happy:

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Gamaur's sex slave

Well, apart from Day of the Beast, there is: Paul Naschy films, the house that screamed, the Blind Dead series, let sleeping corpses lie, anguish, some Jess Franco stuff, Romasanta, Darkness, Fragiles, Rottweiler, Dagon, Beyond Re-Animator, el arte de morir, etc. :sweat:

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:08 pm
Extraordinary

Hey Mr. Price. Ask makeshift and/or terminator1997. Have you ever spoken with them? They are insane horror buffs, and are really into Italian and American and Asian horror. They might be up for it. Ever if they aren't so familiar with Spanish horror, they may like to co-host and check some of them out, and do some back-and-forth discussions with you about what they try out.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:16 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Poster is fixed. You might have to clear your cache to see the updated version.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:08 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Hmmm. I'll happily rave about "The Wind the Shakes the Barley". Nothing beats it for that authentic edge.

EDIT: Actually I'll even record me and 2 close friends discussing the movie and post it on youtube.

Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:37 am
Extraordinary

Hmmm. I'll happily rave about "The Wind the Shakes the Barley". Nothing beats it for that authentic edge.

EDIT: Actually I'll even record me and 2 close friends discussing the movie and post it on youtube.

Sure. Want to host a thread too? I looked up Wind, and it has no release date here yet though, so it will be impossible for anyone living on this side of the Atlantic to see it. But we'd love to hear you and your friend's thoughts. You can host a thread too, if you like. We're still looking for more hosts.

Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:22 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Brambilla wrote:

Sure. Want to host a thread too? I looked up Wind, and it has no release date here yet though, so it will be impossible for anyone living on this side of the Atlantic to see it. But we'd love to hear you and your friend's thoughts. You can host a thread too, if you like. We're still looking for more hosts.

A thread for Wind? If thats the case then yes definetly. Give me till Monday and I'll have it up with the help of my flatmates. Always need a second opinion in these things.

Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:40 pm
Extraordinary

dolcevita wrote:

A thread for Wind? If thats the case then yes definetly. Give me till Monday and I'll have it up with the help of my flatmates. Always need a second opinion in these things.

You guys can host an Irish Film Festival, I meant. Doing one just for Wind will be hard, as its not in release in most of the World yet, but you can prep it for us, maybe focus on it, and then do the movies of the actors in it, or the director's past films, or just Irish Film in general. Anything you like. Drop getluv and/or myself a pm if you have questions, and we can't wait to hear you guys discuss this film!

Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:04 pm
Extraordinary

Looking for some people to help send these out. Right now its BJ and myself, so please drop me a note if you want to spend a couple minutes doing this. I'll send you a copy of the full pm invite to send to 30 people (1 page).

Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:59 pm
htm

Absolutely wonderful! I want a poster of it!! You weren't lying when you said it would be fabulous. May I take it as an avatar? Plllllease?

I'll send some out if you want to drop a PM. :happy:

Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:02 pm
Extraordinary

Oh yes. Go right ahead and take it as an avatar. Thats a good idea actually, and I'll size it up and then you can coppy the smaller image from me.

Ok, BJ might have already sent you a copy of the invite, but I will send one to you as well with some instructions. Thanks for helping out, hope the Spanish exam went easily today?

Last edited by dolcevita on Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:00 pm
htm

Oh yes. Go right ahead and take it as an avatar. Thats a good idea actually, and I'll size it up and then you can coppy the smaller image from me.

Ok, BJ might have already sent you a copy of the invite, but I will send one to you as well with some instructions. Thanks for helping out, hope the Spanish exam went easily today?

I couldn't bring myself to take it, especially after I heard that Molecular Biology was really easy from a classmate during the break. Since we can change, I decided to go ahead and do it. I have betrayed the language ;) In all honesty, it was the score that counts, not the subject... and I am confident the biology score will be higher. Not to worry, I have plenty of tests each week in AP Spanish as it is :lol:

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2