Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 My Lars Von Trier Film Fest 
Christian's #1 Fan

Post My Lars Von Trier Film Fest
I was always a huge fan of Dogville. One of my all-time favorite movies as a matter of fact, I loved the deepness and complexity of the film.

So, despite the fact that I was ultimately dissapointed by Manderlay overall (it was still a good film), I've set out to see how many of Von Trier's other films I can see. I've got Dancer in the Dark queued up for tonight...

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:10 pm
htm

I know Dancer has a following of sorts here. If I recall correctly, andaroo highly recommended it.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:50 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

Dancer in the Dark is amaaaazing. Did I ever mention Bjork was robbed out of an Oscar nomination? :P

I actually never ended up seeing Manderlay because I don't want it to ruin Dogville for me, which, of course, I think is a masterpiece.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Dancer in the Dark is amaaaazing. Did I ever mention Bjork was robbed out of an Oscar nomination? :P

I actually never ended up seeing Manderlay because I don't want it to ruin Dogville for me, which, of course, I think is a masterpiece.

You should see Manderlay. I agree Dogville is a masterpiece...Manderlay is just...different. I didn't like how Von Trier threw in so much political spin as I noted in my reviews. I mean, if that wasn't there the film would easily be up to Dogville sans Kidman. Bryce-Howard does a good job don't get me wrong but she is no Nicole Kidman.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:09 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Yeah. Wow. So Dancer in the Dark was possibly one of the most frustratingly amazing movies I've seen in my entire life. At once agonizing and yet it could have been better. Well, in some ways it could have been better. The camera work gave me a headache, but Bjork's performance was perhaps one of the greatest in the history of cinema. It was that good. And the ending. The ending...Yeah. A

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]