Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Come and See (Idi i smotri) 
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Come and See (Idi i smotri)
For those that don't know this is an 80s movie from Russian director Elim Klimov dealing with the lose of innocence of a young Russian partisan during the second world war. I'll always remember being blown away by this movie the first time i saw it on TV about 4 years ago. Its slow telling of the destruction of innocence that is given to the youth of the main character was amazingly compelling. There is no hollywood glitze or happy endings here. instead what you get as an incredible brutal but effective vision of the horror of the Russian/German front during World War 2. Hollywood really doesn't do this area justice but Elim Klimov does, the scenes of Nazi brutality are amazingly effective and they really make you appreciate the most "murderous" front of World War 2. If you really want to see what war does to innocence this is the movie.

I'd wager the Doc has already seen this but if you haven't then watch. If you liked Downfall you'll love this

If ever i was thankful for a recent DVD release it was this one. Nothing scares a person away from War quite like the brutal reality of it.

IMDB Link
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/

Last edited by Gulli on Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:41 pm
You must have big rats

I've seen it, but it's quite a while ago (when I still lived in Russia), so I wouldn't mind rewatching it. It was harrowing.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]