Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:09 pm



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 2021 Oscar nominations 
Author Message
Devil's Advocate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 33309
Post 2021 Oscar nominations
Best Picture

The Father
Judas and the Black Messiah
Mank
Minari
Nomadland
Promising Young Woman
Sound of Metal
The Trial of the Chicago 7

Best Directing

Thomas Vinterberg, Another Round
David Fincher, Mank
Lee Isaac Chung, Minari
Chloe Zhao, Nomadland
Emerald Fennell, Promising Young Woman

Best Actress in a Leading Role


Viola Davis, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Andra Day, United States vs. Billie Holiday
Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman
Frances McDormand, Nomadland
Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman

Best Actor in a Leading Role

Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Anthony Hopkins, The Father
Gary Oldman, Mank
Steven Yeun, Minari

Best Actress in a Supporting Role

Maria Bakalova, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy
Olivia Colman, The Father
Amanda Seyfried, Mank
Yuh-Jung Youn, Minari

Best Actor in a Supporting Role

Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
Leslie Odom, Jr., One Night in Miami...
Paul Raci, Sound of Metal
LaKeith Stanfield, Judas and the Black Messiah

Best Original Screenplay

Judas and the Black Messiah
Minari
Promising Young Woman
Sound of Metal
The Trial of the Chicago 7

Best Adapted Screenplay

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
The Father
Nomadland
One Night in Miami…
The White Tiger

Best Cinematography

Judas and the Black Messiah
Mank
News of the World
Nomadland
The Trial of the Chicago 7

Best Film Editing

The Father
Nomadland
Promising Young Woman
Sound of Metal
The Trial of the Chicago 7

Best Animated Feature Film

Onward
Over the Moon
A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon
Soul
Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Short Film

Burrow
Genius Loci
If Anything Happens I Love You
Opera
Yes-People

Best Live-Action Short Film


Feeling Through
The Letter Room
The Present
Two Distant Strangers
White Eye

Best International Feature Film


Another Round
Better Days
Collective
The Man Who Sold His Skin
Quo Vadis, Aida?

Best Documentary Feature

Collective
Crip Camp
The Mole Agent
My Octopus Teacher
Time

Best Documentary Short Subject

Colette
A Concerto Is a Conversation
Do Not Split
Hunger Ward
A Love Song for Latasha

Best Original Score

Da 5 Bloods
Mank
Minari
News of the World
Soul

Best Original Song

"Fight For You," Judas and the Black Messiah
"Hear My Voice," The Trial of the Chicago 7
"Husavik," Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga
"Io Si (Seen)," The Life Ahead
"Speak Now," One Night in Miami...

Best Sound

Greyhound
Mank
News of the World
Soul
Sound of Metal

Best Costume Design

Emma
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Mank
Mulan
Pinocchio

Best Makeup and Hairstyling

Emma
Hillbilly Elegy
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Mank
Pinocchio

Best Production Design

The Father
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Mank
News of the World
Tenet

Best Visual Effects

Love and Monsters
The Midnight Sky
Mulan
The One and Only Ivan
Tenet

_________________
Main site articles are back - Reviews for Loki, Cruella, Army of the Dead, June box office preview


Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:18 am
Profile
Devil's Advocate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 33309
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
So Judas doesn't have a lead actor?

Will Glenn Close finally do it... for supporting actress in a 25% RT Ron Howard movie?

It would have been cool if they just nominated Another Round in BP, looks good

Congrats to Steven Yeun. Take that Negan.

_________________
Main site articles are back - Reviews for Loki, Cruella, Army of the Dead, June box office preview


Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:22 am
Profile
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33763
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
The most satisfied I've been with Oscar nominations in a long time.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:28 am
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 35933
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Minari is the winner of these nominations.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:49 am
Profile
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33763
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Bummed by nothing for The Mauritanian. Rahim would have been a better Best Actor nominee than Yeun. I loved Minari and am happy for its nominations but honestly his performance is rather unimpressive.

Nomadland and Promising Young Woman are the only two films to get Picture, Directing, Screenplay and Editing.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:01 am
Profile
Romosexual!

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:06 am
Posts: 30357
Location: the last free city
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Fixed :mad:

Quote:
Best Actor in a Leading Role

Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Anthony Hopkins, The Father
Gary Oldman, Mank
Steven Yeun, Minari
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah


Best Actor in a Supporting Role

Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
Leslie Odom, Jr., One Night in Miami...
Paul Raci, Sound of Metal
LaKeith Stanfield, Judas and the Black Messiah

_________________
Wearing a mask is not a political statement...you idiot fucks!
The Republican Party is the party of white supremacy
#MitchMcConnell you're a fucking coward!

Rian Johnson Star Wars trilogy is STILL HAPPENING! :D


Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:23 am
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19501
Location: Classified
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
I thought there were supposed to be ten nominees locked in this year? I guess they changed their minds. I got excited when I saw Black Bottom and Miami skipped, thinking that anything could happen, but then nothing did.

Soul is expectedly screwed in the top categories, but it hurts all the same. Academy still has problems recognizing pictures with colored people in them (especially blue.)

Why does the academy hate comedy so much?

Sound of Metal and Another Round are the big surprises. Haven’t seen either, but good for them?

Let’s go Promising Young Woman sweep. To the moon!

_________________
2020 - Actually a Good Year for Movies

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!


Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:01 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19501
Location: Classified
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Rev wrote:
Fixed :mad:

Quote:
Best Actor in a Leading Role

Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Anthony Hopkins, The Father
Gary Oldman, Mank
Steven Yeun, Minari
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah


Best Actor in a Supporting Role

Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
Leslie Odom, Jr., One Night in Miami...
Paul Raci, Sound of Metal
LaKeith Stanfield, Judas and the Black Messiah
Yeah both Judas actors being in supporting is manipulation and they aren’t even trying to hide it. Who was the lead in the movie then? Landry? Chadwick’s ghost has everyone running scared.

_________________
2020 - Actually a Good Year for Movies

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!


Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:06 pm
Profile
Romosexual!

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:06 am
Posts: 30357
Location: the last free city
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Rev wrote:
Fixed :mad:

Quote:
Best Actor in a Leading Role

Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Anthony Hopkins, The Father
Gary Oldman, Mank
Steven Yeun, Minari
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah


Best Actor in a Supporting Role

Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
Leslie Odom, Jr., One Night in Miami...
Paul Raci, Sound of Metal
LaKeith Stanfield, Judas and the Black Messiah
Yeah both Judas actors being in supporting is manipulation and they aren’t even trying to hide it. Who was the lead in the movie then? Landry? Chadwick’s ghost has everyone running scared.


It's messed up! :mad: F U Academy!!!!

_________________
Wearing a mask is not a political statement...you idiot fucks!
The Republican Party is the party of white supremacy
#MitchMcConnell you're a fucking coward!

Rian Johnson Star Wars trilogy is STILL HAPPENING! :D


Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:45 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:25 am
Posts: 16840
Location: San Diego
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
LaKeith was lead in Judas lol but whatever

Honestly feel pretty apathetic about noms but glad Minari got love.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:22 pm
Profile
100% That Bitch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm
Posts: 16533
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Ive been out of the loop this year, who are the frontrunners in the acting categories?

_________________

Image
Tongue Pop!


I kneel with Magnus.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:09 pm
Profile
Devil's Advocate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 33309
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Mau wrote:
Ive been out of the loop this year, who are the frontrunners in the acting categories?


By odds the favoured are Chadwick, Kaluuya, Davis, Close

_________________
Main site articles are back - Reviews for Loki, Cruella, Army of the Dead, June box office preview


Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:55 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19501
Location: Classified
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Rev wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Rev wrote:
Fixed :mad:

Quote:
Best Actor in a Leading Role

Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal
Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Anthony Hopkins, The Father
Gary Oldman, Mank
Steven Yeun, Minari
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah


Best Actor in a Supporting Role

Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
Delroy Lindo, Da 5 Bloods
Leslie Odom, Jr., One Night in Miami...
Paul Raci, Sound of Metal
LaKeith Stanfield, Judas and the Black Messiah
Yeah both Judas actors being in supporting is manipulation and they aren’t even trying to hide it. Who was the lead in the movie then? Landry? Chadwick’s ghost has everyone running scared.


It's messed up! :mad: F U Academy!!!!
I read that WB actually sent Lakeith in for Lead but the academy gave him supporting anyways. Weird. Potential upset over Kaluuya maybe?

_________________
2020 - Actually a Good Year for Movies

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!


Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 35933
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Shack wrote:
Mau wrote:
Ive been out of the loop this year, who are the frontrunners in the acting categories?


By odds the favoured are Chadwick, Kaluuya, Davis, Close


Davis is leading really? She hasn't won anything at all. The race is between McDormand and Mulligan specially with later getting more momentum recently.

Same for Close I don't remember her winning anything but I can see how she can be the frontrunner at academy, but I see her loosing again this year and that being called as surprise.

Chadwick is pretty much locked up though I do not think he would have won if he were alive.

Kaluuya is also pretty much locked up though I feel with Lakeith in the nomination it might cause some vote split. Delroy Lindo would have made the most out of this situation but unfortunately/surprisingly (stupid academy) he wasn't even nominated.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:42 pm
Profile
The Kramer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 19501
Location: Classified
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Glen Close was nominated for a razzie in the same role. :funny:

_________________
2020 - Actually a Good Year for Movies

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!


Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:47 pm
Profile
Devil's Advocate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 33309
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Jack Sparrow wrote:
The race is between McDormand and Mulligan specially with later getting more momentum recently.


3x Oscar winner (and it would be 3 leads for McDormand) is a select group I don't see her joining

_________________
Main site articles are back - Reviews for Loki, Cruella, Army of the Dead, June box office preview


Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:10 pm
Profile
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33763
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Yeah Davis is third or even fourth. Carey is the favorite. If not her then it will be McDormand. I just don't see them awarding her again so soon.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:37 pm
Profile
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33763
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I thought there were supposed to be ten nominees locked in this year? I guess they changed their minds.


That's supposed to start in 2022 I believe.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:38 pm
Profile
Why is the rum gone???
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
Posts: 35933
Post Re: 2021 Oscar nominations
Shack wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
The race is between McDormand and Mulligan specially with later getting more momentum recently.


3x Oscar winner (and it would be 3 leads for McDormand) is a select group I don't see her joining


Never said who will win but I agree Nomadland is too pedestrian of a movie for an acting vehicle specially for McDormand. Still Davis is currently behind Andra Day in the race.


Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:58 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.