Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Ebert and Reoper on Leno 
Extraordinary

Post Ebert and Reoper on Leno
Both say The Aviator is the frontrunner, and both have good words about the film. They also rave about Million Dollar Baby. Ebert said Hilary Swank could win Best Actress again. Hmm, Hilary Swank vs. Annette Bening. Sounds familiar.

I think Million Dollar Baby is a major player now, possibly knocking off Closer. Picture, Director, Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank, and Morgan Freeman are all in play.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

uuh i saw that, they also said about Kate Winslet, i dont remember well :?

they murder Chritmas with the kranks!!

Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:00 pm
You must have big rats

Hard to believe that a movie about boxing will get big during the oscars. However two boxing movies so far have been nominated, one of them won, not a bad track record (I am speaking of Rocky and Raging Bull, with Rocky being the winner). However the buzz is growing really fast for this one.

As for The Aviator, I still strongly believe that it will win Best Picture this year as well as Best Director for Scorcese.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
I'm starting to get the feeling that it will be Marty's year. Not because his work is the best this year but because he's due and there simply isn't enough hype/marketing for any other film on a massive scale.

Come on Dreamworks.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:21 pm
You must have big rats

I'm starting to get the feeling that it will be Marty's year. Not because his work is the best this year but because he's due and there simply isn't enough hype/marketing for any other film on a massive scale.

Come on Dreamworks.

Well, I think that The Aviator IS actually a good movie. So far it has 4 reviews at RT and all of them are good, it got the #2 on the National Board of Review and the early buzz has never been negative about it.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon wrote:

Come on Dreamworks.

Well, I think that The Aviator IS actually a good movie. So far it has 4 reviews at RT and all of them are good, it got the #2 on the National Board of Review and the early buzz has never been negative about it.

Winning Best Picture has never really been about being the Best Picture of the year. It happens but not always, not even most of the time.

Oh and Roger looked bad :cry:

They sat Richard next to Leno and he did most of the talking. I was lucky enough to have spent a lot of time with Roger in the past and he's a great guy. I hope he gets better.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:26 pm
Extraordinary

Definitely want to see this week's Ebert and Reoper show, where they are going to review Million Dollar Baby, The Aviator, House of Flying Daggers, and Ocean's Twelve.

Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:56 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Definitely want to see this week's Ebert and Reoper show, where they are going to review Million Dollar Baby, The Aviator, House of Flying Daggers, and Ocean's Twelve.

4 really cool pictures.

And great news on Eastwood movie, I usually enjoy his director movies with Unforgiven ebing a classic at the top of the list.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Hard to believe that a movie about boxing will get big during the oscars. However two boxing movies so far have been nominated, one of them won, not a bad track record (I am speaking of Rocky and Raging Bull, with Rocky being the winner). However the buzz is growing really fast for this one.

As for The Aviator, I still strongly believe that it will win Best Picture this year as well as Best Director for Scorcese.

And it is funny how things are usually connected.

As Scorcese directed the boxing movie, Raging Bull.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Ebert and Roeper gave thumb up for all the films they reviewed last weekend: Million Dollar Baby(way up), Ocean's 12(mild up), Closer, House of Flying Daggers(way up), The Aviator(way up). December is finally here! :)

Their Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]