Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Alexander Thread (REviews come in) 
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I don't think so about Colin,..I mean I know The razzies aren't always about most deserving, but the critics seems to be kindest to Colin.

But Angeline Jolie might get yet another nomination. I feel bad for her. I do think sh'es a really good actress, but GOD is she good at picking awful movies. :wink:

Mark my words, Colin will get a worst actor nomination and win it.Who else will win the award?Ben Affleck is too last year so he wont win one this year. Vin Diesel will probably get a nod but wont win since COR isnt as highly publicized. Tom Hanks will probably get a nod since hes on a slump but wont win. That leaves us with Colin Farrel who seems overexposed with his bad behavior and razzies tend to award people like Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke who have reckless lives.

Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:25 pm
Extraordinary

It not only didn't get better, it got worse rating wise. With 109 reviews, it has 13 fresh and 96 rotten for 12%. The cream of the crop dropped to an even lower 9%. The average has been relatively stable at 3.8 and 3.9, respectively.

Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

It is unbelievable. The movie's getting worse reviews than Van Helsing and King Arthur. I doubt anyone has expected that. I can't recall a single movie that was considered one of the oscar frontrunners early in the year that was bashed that much upon its release.

Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:31 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I thought the critics were insane until I just watched it. I completely agree with them. It's bad.

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:27 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Man, with all the bad reviews and its low thursday increase preluding to a low weekend, Alexander could be the Heaven's Gate of this Millium. Heaven's Gate was supposed to be one of those oscar winning movie with the director of Deer Hunter which one a best picture award and with Christopher Walken who an oscar for best supporting actor. Everything about Alexander reminds me of Heaven's gate with its really bad reviews, ballooning budget and it had academy winning director and actors in it. It looks very well that Alexander could become one of those notrious movies that loses alot of money

Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:05 pm
You must have big rats

Man, with all the bad reviews and its low thursday increase preluding to a low weekend, Alexander could be the Heaven's Gate of this Millium. Heaven's Gate was supposed to be one of those oscar winning movie with the director of Deer Hunter which one a best picture award and with Christopher Walken who an oscar for best supporting actor. Everything about Alexander reminds me of Heaven's gate with its really bad reviews, ballooning budget and it had academy winning director and actors in it. It looks very well that Alexander could become one of those notrious movies that loses alot of money

That's exactly what I thought of as well. However, I am pretty sure that Alexander will make plenty of cash overseas as all historical epics do. Both King Arthur and Troy made over 70% of their worldwide gross overseas.

Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

Yikes, I don't see any reason why Alexander wouldn't have worse legs than Troy (other than the holiday season...but that also means more competition).

So I now think it might struggle to make $50 million in the U.S.

Best Actress 2008

Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Well... I didn't get a chance to see it this weekend and I may not during its theatrical run.
If it's still playing during winter break, I will defintely check it out.
A close friend of mine saw it and said it really wasn't that bad... and that Colin gave a surprisingly great performance.

I really don't see how it can worse than Troy. I just can't; that movie was the biggest liched disaster this side of Hollywood...
I think once it started getting negative buzz, all the critics gave into it and didn't even give the film a chance, like they wanted it to fail....

I know this has most defintely killed all its Oscar potential, but I still can't imagine it being worse than Troy.... I wish I had seen it!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:13 pm
Extraordinary

Wow, didn't expect all these bad reviews. And the movie was one of my most anticipated of the rest of the year. :( I'll still see the film eventually though.

Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:27 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

Yikes, I don't see any reason why Alexander wouldn't have worse legs than Troy (other than the holiday season...but that also means more competition).

The worst drop among any films in the top 20 this week. Yikes. Could it end up with only $40 million?

Best Actress 2008

Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Rod wrote:

The worst drop among any films in the top 20 this week. Yikes. Could it end up with only $40 million?

I don't think it can make $40M. The current trajectry points to a $35M finish.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2