Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Late Night with the Devil 

Grade:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
E 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Late Night with the Devil 
Keeping it Light

Post Late Night with the Devil

Quote:
Late Night with the Devil is a 2023 supernatural horror film written, directed, and edited by Colin and Cameron Cairnes. It stars David Dastmalchian, Laura Gordon, Ian Bliss, Fayssal Bazzi, Ingrid Torelli, Rhys Auteri, Georgina Haig, and Josh Quong Tart. Incorporating elements of documentary filmmaking and found footage, the film follows the events of a late-night talk show episode aired on the night of Halloween 1977, during which the host attempts to boost ratings by inviting an allegedly possessed girl onto the show.

An international co-production of Australia, the United States, and the United Arab Emirates, Late Night with the Devil had its world premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival (SXSW) on 10 March 2023. It received positive reviews from critics, garnering praise for its performances, production design, and technical aspects, though the revelation that it utilized AI-generated art in three briefly-featured still images received criticism. It was released theatrically in the United States on 22 March 2024 by IFC Films and in Australia on 11 April, grossing $11 million. The film became available for streaming on Shudder on 19 April.

Thu May 02, 2024 1:31 am
The Kramer

Post Re: Late Night with the Devil
Highly creative horror film where the viewer really has no idea where it will be going next. It is presented exactly as a late night show would be (with some "behind the scenes" footage taking place in the commercial breaks that fills in the plot gaps.) The film escalates and escalates until a wild finish, though I was left a bit confused about how the final shot came to be ... maybe someone else here will see it and explain lol.

The best part happens near the end so I'll throw it in spoilers

Spoiler: show
The skeptic who has been talking shit tries to give the demon the half million dollar check he promised to anyone who could "prove" the supernatural was real and the demon just laughs and melts him instead. Hilarious and horrifying - a perfect summation of the film.

I initially was gonna give this around an 8.5, but it has been a few days and I still can't stop thinking about it. Will probably watch it again in spooky season. So I'm gonna be extra generous and throw it a 9/10.

Thu May 02, 2024 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]