Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Love Lies Bleeding 

Grade:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Love Lies Bleeding 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Love Lies Bleeding
Quote:
Love Lies Bleeding is a 2024 romantic thriller film directed by Rose Glass from a screenplay she co-wrote with Weronika Tofilska, and starring Kristen Stewart, Katy O'Brian, Jena Malone, Anna Baryshnikov, Dave Franco, and Ed Harris. The film is a co-production between the United Kingdom and the United States. Set in the 1980s, it chronicles the relationship between a reclusive gym manager with a crime family and an ambitious bodybuilder.

Love Lies Bleeding premiered at the 2024 Sundance Film Festival on January 20. It was released theatrically in the United States by A24 on March 8, 2024, and is set for release in the United Kingdom by Lionsgate UK on May 3, 2024

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:46 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: Love Lies Bleeding
This actually rocked. Had absolutely no expectations but I was entertained the whole time and the whole cast is great.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:39 pm
Superman: The Movie

Kristen Stewart's line delivery of the first time she says "Huh?" is maybe the hardest I've laughed at a movie in the past year.

It's good. I kind of wish she could've turned green at the end without the risk of being sued.

I'm not sure if the magical realism at the end worked for me especially since the very last scene doesn't end with it. It felt like they knew they were an A24 film and they had to do something "A24-y" to earn it. And also distinguish themselves from being just another Coen Brothers clone. The steroids/Hulk cuts showing her muscles and veins bulging would've been enough.

What if the Coen Brothers and the 1970's Incredible Hulk had a queer baby?

B+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Very fun movie, I enjoyed it alot. Which is a pleasant surprise since I hated Saint Maude.

Also very cinematic for this type of film. The photography is constantly gorgeous (except when it chooses not be...) the cast is stacked with great performances from the two leads (Kristen wordlessly going from a tough 'don't have feelings' type of girl to 'ok I guess I'll take this stray in and become her forever love' was a great scene for her), the sound always knows exactly how loud the scene needs it to be and the violence and traumatic pasts are haunting.

The much hyped lezzing out scenes aren't really that crazy. I won't count that against the film, but I do think its one issue was how they wanted things to be "real, not like they happen in the movies" (this is mentioned out loud at one point in case you didn't already get the point) and then the surrealist elements that mostly pop up at the end. It's not too distracting, I just don't really get why they did it this way.

I'll give Love Lies Bleeding an 8.5 and recommend it to everyone on here.

Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]