Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Transformers: Rise of the Beasts 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts 
now we know

Post Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Quote:
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts is a 2023 American science fiction action film based on Hasbro's Transformers toy line, and primarily influenced by the Beast Wars storyline. The film is the seventh installment in the Transformers live-action film series. Serving as both a standalone sequel to Bumblebee (2018) and prequel to Transformers (2007), the film was directed by Steven Caple Jr. from a screenplay by Joby Harold, Darnell Metayer, Josh Peters, Erich Hoeber, and Jon Hoeber. It stars Anthony Ramos and Dominique Fishback, as well as the voice talents of Ron Perlman, Peter Dinklage, Michelle Yeoh, Liza Koshy, Michaela Jaé Rodriguez, Pete Davidson, Colman Domingo, Cristo Fernández, Tongayi Chirisa, and returning franchise regulars Peter Cullen, John DiMaggio, and David Sobolov.

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts had its premiere at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore on May 27, 2023, and was released in the United States on June 9, 2023, by Paramount Pictures.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
Transformers Rise of the Beasts’ fantastic action and special effects almost make up for the generic story and human characters. Better than 2 and 3, never saw 4 or 5 or Bumblebee. So by default my second favorite I guess.

Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:46 am
The Kramer

This is a compact version of Age of Extinction. It's fine. The action is exciting and a surprising amount of jokes are funny (Pete Davidson is somehow not even the most annoying member of the good guys.) The tease at the end got a big pop from the four people in the theater.

I do wish they had used different Autobots. Why is Optimus a racist idiot now? And Bumblebee is gone for so long they might as well have kept him in the 80s. The human characters are ... fine. Alot of the dialogue is too much though. I gave an exasperated sigh and checked the time on my phone on at least four occasions and that's too many.

So I'll give Rise of the Beasts a 6ish/10. I still don't think it needed to be made or anyone needed to see it, but it's a decent way to spend two hours.

Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:24 am
Keeping it Light

It's a mixed bag, there's some decent moments here and there, and the Transformers action mostly delivers. Having Peter Cullen voice Optimus Prime also has a nice familiarity and quality to it. But other than that, Anthony Ramos lacks any charisma to lead this film and the overall story and writing is just dull. The human elements are just not interesting, and though the voice acting of the robots often feels uninspiring too, there's at least more suspense when they're involved. Bumblebee felt like a fresh Transformers film, but Rise of the Beasts is more of the same and a step back again.

C

Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:27 am
Extraordinary

Given how unenjoyable I've found Michael Bay's films (at least the sequels) this was surprisingly enjoyable and an easy watch.

Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:44 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was boring. Definitely better than the Bay films, but loses almost all of the charm of Bumblebee which remains this franchise's high point. C

Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:03 pm
Profile YIM
Superman: The Movie

Just when you think you're done with fighting robots (truly, everything involving robots fighting is mind numbingly boring)...

Spoiler: show
G.I. JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!

C+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]