Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse 

Grade:
A 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
B 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse 
now we know

Post Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Quote:
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is an American computer-animated superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Miles Morales / Spider-Man. Produced by Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation in association with Marvel Entertainment, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing, it is the sequel to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) and is set in a shared multiverse of alternate universes called the "Spider-Verse". The film is directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, and Justin K. Thompson (in their feature directorial debuts), from a screenplay written by Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and David Callaham. Shameik Moore voices Miles, starring alongside Hailee Steinfeld, Brian Tyree Henry, Luna Lauren Vélez, Jake Johnson, Jason Schwartzman, Issa Rae, Karan Soni, Daniel Kaluuya and Oscar Isaac. In the film, Miles goes on an adventure with Gwen Stacy / Spider-Woman across the multiverse where he meets a new team of Spider-People, known as the Spider-Society, led by Miguel O' Hara / Spider-Man 2099, but comes into conflict with them over handling a new threat.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse was released in the United States on June 2, 2023, delayed from an initial October 2022 date because of the COVID-19 pandemic. A third film, Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse, is scheduled for release on March 29, 2024, while a female-focused spin-off film is in development.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon May 29, 2023 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Post Re: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
A+++++++++++

Fucking incredible! :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:06 pm
The Kramer

Hype ending.

Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:06 pm
Romosexual!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Hype ending.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
sooooo good!

Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:16 pm
Romosexual!

The movie starting with
Spoiler: show
Gwen made sense at the end of the movie. Seemed like in the beginning she was talking to us the audience with the speech…BUT by the end we found out that speech was for the different spider-people she was recruiting to help find Miles
:D

Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:31 pm
The Kramer

Yeah beginning and ending with Gwen was brilliant since it made Across feel like a complete film rather than just a part 1 of 2.

It's a weird thing to say about an animated film with hundreds of different Spider-Men, but this movie felt so grounded and real. I completely forgot I was watching a cartoon at several points (even though the animation itself is breathtaking.) Was not expecting such high quality drama here alongside all the Spider Society shenanigans. Reminded me of Guardians 3 in that way, though I liked Spiderverse a bit more on first viewing.

10/10 from me.

Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:58 pm
Extraordinary

Will rewatch since I was super tired for the last half hour but yeah it's great. Thr animation is incredible.

Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:01 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

This was ridiculously amazing from start to finish. In the back of my head, I kept thinking "Okay, this is almost 2.5 hours, the next scenes won't be as good" or "This is a part one film, so they won't go too crazy and it'll slow down soon" but NOPE! When those credits started after that "ending", I couldn't believe they managed to make this. Flava'd nailed it above saying how grounded it felt despite its style and everything happening with the alternate dimension storyline.

The animation and visuals are bonkers. From the incredible, calm-like water color style in Gwen's universe, to the flashy comic book panels come-to-life in the action sequences, it's beautiful in everything it does.

The story is amazing. I was thinking this could be the "weak" point since following up on the original was going to be a difficult task, but they sure as hell proved that wrong. The story here is WAY stronger. Very well written characters full of layers and emotion. And the way the story was building and building towards the end until it delivered one of the biggest cliffhangers ever was truly remarkable storytelling. It's been a long time since I've been so invested in the characters and what was going to happen in those final 15-20 minutes or so.

Spoiler: show
And the way it easily blended the Spider-Men from Spider-Man's entire history into the Spider-Verse during the Canon explanation scene, from the original in the 60's, to the live-action Toby and Andrew films, and even the Peter in the Spectacular Spider-Man series was insane. While all the stories aren't connected exactly, it's easy to understand that it's all linked.

I'm definitely watching this again in theaters, and probably a third time at least too.

I've only ever given an A+ to about a dozen films, they really have to connect beyond being "perfect" films, and I think this one could be added to that list. A/A+

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh... and that bagel really hit the spot in the first film...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Took a bit to get going but the second half is incredibly thrilling with lots of great plot twists. Colorful and action packed as well with lots of great character moments. Much more serious than the original which it absolutely blows out of the water.

Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:51 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yes, the second half is better than the first and it is much better than the first film. It ends up being quite extraordinary. Very memorable.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:29 am
100% That Bitch

And I thought No Way Home was the best spiderman movie.

Holy fucking shit. Not only is this oke of the best comic book movies ever, but EASILY one of the if not THE best animated film of all times.
PERIOIDT
A+

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:15 am
Killing With Kindness

BJs Grade:

A/A+

Ya, its great.

Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:07 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I somehow liked this even more the second time. The colors and lighting and cinematography are all just so incredble. And it was funnier. My favorite joke I missed the first time was during Spot's introduction scene, some rando outside the store yells "who left this atm in the street?!?" :hahaha: I didn't get up to go to bathroom cause there are literally no skippable parts.

Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:41 am
Veteran

This is one of the best superhero movies in recent years. It's also film with some of the most impressive animation work I've ever seen. You can see a lot of thought and creativity put into the technical aspects of the film. The voice work and acting were also topnotch.

A

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:11 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

A little overlong for me, but definitely one of the summer's high points. The musical score is also maybe the best of the year. A-

Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:04 pm
Profile YIM
100% That Bitch

Saw it again today and It is offically my favorite movie ever. I can't stress enough how good it is.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]