Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Equalizer 3 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Equalizer 3 
now we know

Post The Equalizer 3

Quote:
The Equalizer 3 is a 2023 American vigilante action thriller film directed by Antoine Fuqua. It is a sequel to The Equalizer 2, and the final installment of The Equalizer trilogy, which is loosely based on the television series of the same name. The film stars Denzel Washington, reprising his role as retired U.S. Marine and former DIA officer Robert McCall, with Dakota Fanning, David Denman, Sonia Ammar, and Remo Girone in supporting roles.

The Equalizer 3 was released by Sony Pictures Releasing on September 1, 2023.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: The Equalizer 3
Loved this, not quite the classic of the first film, but much better than the first sequel. Fuqua delivers just a quite fantastic action film once again, great action and score, nice cinematography and with Denzel as McCall it just has a step up as he remains a film star in every way. It's simply a pretty good story this time around and while it's not quite an elaborate one-man-hero film, it has all the right beats and it's very entertaining. In all, The Equalizer is a great trilogy now.

A-

Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:53 pm
now we know

I really enjoyed this. I honestly felt like punhcing the air and shouting "my man, Denzel!" after the opening scene where he kills that vineyard drug baron. I thought the film was awesome and entertaining. I am a sucker for Italy in films. I liked this, like Luca, I like The Talented Mr. Ripley, and I'll probably like Captain Corelli's Mandolin. There's just something in my genes that warms to Italian-set or Italian-infused American movies. And Denzel is on form as usual, and he even does a great impression of a person struggling to walk. I notice these things, so hat's off to him for not phoning in his performance.

One gripe: The film doesn't end abruptly per se but it does end without "Roberto" having one more struggle or final-final bad-guy-in-his-mansion to take apart. He sees off a small gang then it's straight to the big bad, which he disposes of easily. The motions and laws of film usually have another level for the good guy to go through, but The Equalizer 3 felt it was enough, and by the end I felt 'is that it?'.

Anyway, the kills are brutal. The small fishing village milieu mixed with mafia pressure and McCall fighting for the little guy is a pleasurable times at the movies. And this was the first of the Equalizers that I've seen at the cinema. I'm glad I finally caught one.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I'll give it to Denzel, he goes all in on his roles and the fact that this is his only franchise of his career I have to give him props on. He cares about quality compared some other stars.

I am eagerly anticipating Denzel in Gladiator 2. He's notoriously picky about his roles and apparently has a juicy one in the sequel. The studio was pushing for an A-lister since they couldn't get Crowe back so feel it's going to be a big one for him.

For Equalizer A-. Agreed watching the scenes in Italy were just beautiful.

Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]