Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 China 9, Liberty 37 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

China 9, Liberty 37 
now we know

Post China 9, Liberty 37

Quote:
China 9, Liberty 37 is an Italian-Spanish 1978 Western film directed by Monte Hellman, starring Warren Oates, Jenny Agutter, and Fabio Testi. Noted director Sam Peckinpah has a small, rare acting role. The film was shot in locations in Spain and Italy by cinematographer Giuseppe Rotunno. Pino Donaggio composed the musical score. The English title refers to a crossroads sign seen at the beginning of the movie. The film had a very sparse theatrical release in the United States, and did not play in some cities until as late as 1984.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu May 11, 2023 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: China 9, Liberty 37
I found this on my computer. I must've downloaded it for a reason. I'm guessing it was for Jenny Agutter. I had a crush on her from this era (thanks to Walkabout and An American Werewolf in London). But it's also a western, and I love westerns. So I've watched it tonight and found it to be pretty damn good. I mean, there's things wrong with it, but they more so add to the film's charm than detract from its quality. The editing isn't great, the sound mixing is even worse, and the rare effects are questionable, but I still enjoyed watching it. There's a lot of nudity. Long sex scenes that get a bit awkward actually but where you can just admire Agutter. And the music is really quite good. I spotted myself a few times moving to the tune.

Sam Peckinpah has a small role. I knew he kind of looked like that but I thought he wasn't that old looking. Oh, and if not for the year it was made I could've sworn that Gianrico Tondinelli was Diego Forlan, lol.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu May 11, 2023 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]