Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 A Good Person 

Grade:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

A Good Person 
now we know

Post A Good Person

Quote:
A Good Person is a 2023 American drama film written, directed, and produced by Zach Braff. The film stars Florence Pugh, Molly Shannon, Chinaza Uche, Celeste O'Connor, and Morgan Freeman.

A Good Person was released in the United States on a limited theatrical release on March 24, 2023, before a wide expansion on March 31, 2023, by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: A Good Person
Florence wrote and performs two songs on the soundtrack. I've always been a fan of Braff's film soundtracks so I listened to it this morning on a long drive. Once I got to Florence's songs that was it. It was those two on repeat. I definitely listened to both over ten times each. I honestly think "I Hate Myself" could be my favorite song of the year. It won't happen but these deserve to be nominated in the original song categories next awards season.

Can't wait to see the movie. Big fan of Braff's films so far (save for Going In Style which I haven't seen).

Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:08 am
Extraordinary

Works because of Florence Pugh and Morgan Freeman. Both fantastic.

Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:35 pm
Wallflower

Florence always gives great performances, but this is her best so far. She's outstanding here. It's extremely early, but so far this is my favorite movie of 2023. I figured I'd really like it but did not expect to be this impressed by it. This is going to be one of the most underrated movies of the year. I have no idea how this is rotten on Rotten Tomatoes. I'd trust the 97% audience score over the 56% from professional critics.

A

Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

Solid enough addiction movie and respected the themes and character arcs a lot, but didn't love it as much as as I hoped and had trouble putting a finger on why. I think the tone of the movie makes it harder to feel authentic, it came off more like a mainstream trying adult drama that bombed than an indie, where despite a small plot actors are still allowed to be stars and characters aren't asked to feel real (eg. Molly Shannon is not really trying to come off as a real person here). While I love the idea of them making more straight dramas with stars like this, in this movie the plot may have been a bit too weak to pull it off and feel like more than a middling, watch it on TV level movie. Pugh is amazing though and I think the last 30 minutes and last minutes were great. I wasn't crazy about some of Braff's cinematography choices with some Tom Hooper like unnecessary off angles, but it is well directed in some other ways such as the editing/montages.

Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]