Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Lost King 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Lost King 
now we know

Post The Lost King

Quote:
The Lost King is a 2022 British comedy-drama film directed by Stephen Frears and written by Steve Coogan and Jeff Pope, based on the 2013 book The King's Grave: The Search for Richard III by Philippa Langley and Michael Jones. It is a dramatisation of the story of Philippa Langley, the woman who initiated the search to find King Richard III's remains under a car park in Leicester, and her treatment by the University of Leicester in the claiming of credit for the discovery.

The film stars Sally Hawkins, Coogan, and Harry Lloyd. The film was produced by Pathé, Baby Cow Productions, BBC Film and Ingenious Media, and distributed by Pathé in France and Switzerland as a standalone distributor, and in the UK via Warner Bros. Pictures. The film premiered in Toronto International Film Festival on 10 September 2022, and was released in the United Kingdom on 7 October 2022.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:19 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: The Lost King
It's not as I expected it to be from the poster. I just didn't realise it was a serious biographical film about the true story of Richard III's exhumation. I thought it was going to be more light, more to do with a child actually ... but that was Sally Hawkins on the poster, not a child! lol.

Anyway, as it went on I did get into it. It's a fine little film. Nothing great, though. I expected and wanted more from Steve Coogan's character as a counterweight to her obsession, but they went the softer route with him as the compassionate ex-husband. While it's not super serious, I feel it could have done with some levity to make it worthy of being an audience film. As it is I think it would be better viewed as a feature-length BBC special.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri May 12, 2023 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]