Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret 
now we know

Post Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

Quote:
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret is a 2023 American coming-of-age period comedy drama film produced, written for the screen, and directed by Kelly Fremon Craig, based on the 1970 novel of the same name by Judy Blume. The film stars Abby Ryder Fortson as the title character of Margaret Simon, Rachel McAdams as her mother Barbara, and Kathy Bates as her grandmother Sylvia.

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret had its world premiere at the San Francisco International Film Festival on April 23, 2023, and was released in the United States on April 28, 2023, by Lionsgate Films.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Are You There God It’s Me Margaret is often funny and heartwarming with great performances from Kathy Bates and Rachel McAdams, even if it doesn’t reinvent the coming of age movie wheel.

Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:09 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I thought this was great. It was moving and funny, and the entire cast was perfection. This is maybe one of Rachel McAdams's best performances. A-

Tue May 30, 2023 2:50 pm
Profile YIM
Devil's Advocate

Some of it feels standard for a teenage girl coming of age movie as expected and the story made for middle schoolers doesn't have the most dramatic events for a film adaptation, but it was overall likeable. I liked that it had the choosing religion aspect compared to just being about a girl growing up, and the 1970 setting feels quite far away nowadays. McAdams gives one of her best performances and I hope she gets nominated for this, but characters like the Christian grandparents who cut her off are not allowed to be more than caricatures or show their real bigoted teeth, likewise while Bates was entertaining I wish she had one or two more real scenes, same with the dad. The scenes with the friends, lonely over developed girl, spin the bottle, etc. were overall charming.

Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]