Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Scream VI 

Grade:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Scream VI 
now we know

Post Scream VI

Quote:
Scream VI is an American slasher film directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, and written by James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick, with original franchise writer and creator Kevin Williamson returning as executive producer. It will be the sixth installment in the Scream film series and serve as a direct sequel to Scream (2022). The film stars Melissa Barrera, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mason Gooding, Jenna Ortega, Hayden Panettiere, and Courteney Cox, all reprising their roles from previous installments, alongside Jack Champion, Henry Czerny, Liana Liberato, Dermot Mulroney, Devyn Nekoda, Tony Revolori, Josh Segarra, and Samara Weaving.

Scream VI was released in the United States on March 10, 2023, by Paramount Pictures.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Scream VI
MASTERPIECE.

BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL

A++

I AM SPEECHLESS.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:13 am
100% That Bitch

The subway sequence into the final act, OH MY GOD masterclass in SUSPENSE

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:35 am
100% That Bitch

The opening kill ranks up there with the first too. Seriously iconic. And I can't wait to rewatch it again

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:16 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yeah this was just about perfect. Easily the best since the first.

The subway scene was great. There were a number of suspenseful scenes actually.

The final reveal was damn good. Twists and turns. Likeable characters.

Ties into the previous films nicely without exhausting the previous Sydney story line.

Grade: A

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:45 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Mau wrote:
The opening kill ranks up there with the first too. Seriously iconic. And I can't wait to rewatch it again

Masterfully done. I count the opening kill as the sequence right up to the Scream logo appearing. So we’ll done

Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:48 am
100% That Bitch

MadGez wrote:
Mau wrote:

Masterfully done. I count the opening kill as the sequence right up to the Scream logo appearing. So we’ll done

Yep! Everything about it is awesome, seriosuly those last 40ish minutes were just... my heart pounding out of my chest, I can say I haven't felt like that since the final AQP2 final sequence.

This is why i fucking love Horror Movies.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:14 pm
Extraordinary

My ranking of Screams would probably be 1>6>4>5>2>3. This one was very entertaining and I think made good use of the setting. And the lead was much better here than in 5, kudos to her.

Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:03 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yes the lead was certainly better here.

My ranking is probably : 1 > 6 > 2 > 5 > 3 > 4 but probably need to see 3 and 4 again

Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:30 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I loved the one last year but this was better - and probably my third favorite of the series after the first two. It was so much fun, the acting improved across the board (I thought Melissa Barrera was great here), the setpieces were inventive and the fan service delivered (Kirby and Gale remain icons). Can't wait to see it again. A

Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:24 pm
Profile YIM
Star Trek XI

Melissa Barrera was great in the last one and I stand behind that-I was baffled by the hate she got from some people when I got back, can’t wait to see her be even better here!

Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:43 pm
Hold the door!

She wasn’t bad in Scream 5, people just found her character too generic

Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:54 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Did you guys see it in 3D? I did only because that was the only session we could make. I was dreading it but turned out fine. It doesn’t add much other than some depth to some of the key scenes but it certainly didn’t destruct me.

Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:17 pm
Hold the door!

This was a big step up from Scream 5 with a much bigger emphasis on suspense, and creative set pieces. There was still unnecessary gore, but it was less excessive than the 5th. Overall good other than the fact they almost killed 3 main characters and they all miraculously survived

Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:06 pm
Star Trek XI

Loved this a lot, even though an asshole leaked a blurry shot of the killer reveals a month or so ago (if they make 7 I’ll avoid spoilers like the PLAGUE) I didn’t see the motives coming and it was entertaining throughout. As in the 5th, Melissa is a damn star and shines even more here and the whole cast is game

Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:22 pm
Extraordinary

A well made movie. I did laugh at the lines referencing Sidney though. I was thinking, she's doing such a good job hiding and staying secure that she seems to be doing fine, maybe ya'll need to get advice from here or go where she is to avoid being so easily found?! It seems a salary negotiation is the ultimate way to stay safe from Ghostface. :sweat:

Also didn't like that all 3 characters survived at the end. 1 of them shouldn't have to bring lasting impact.

Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:44 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I saw this again today. Still holds up. The ladder scene, the Gale sequence and the subway scene are all-timers for this franchise (especially the Gale scene). And the finale is just so much fun - it's hilarious and suspenseful in all the right ways.

I think Jill from Scream 4 is still one of my favorite characters/killers of the series but that film really didn't deliver when it came to proper fan service which these past two have shown. Even nods to the original musical score and the use of "Red Right Hand" (twice in this one!) are so appreciated by me as a die hard fan of this series, as well as the fact that the credits are the correct font :funny: I'd pay money for a fan edit that fixes a lot of the clerical errors that 4 has.

Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:06 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

The opening scene was fantastic. I figured out what was going on shortly after they didn't cut to the Scream 6 logo on the teacher's death, but that only made it all the better. And for maybe (?) the first time in the series history it gave us the opportunity to root for Ghostface.

And then Scream 6 somehow kept that extremely tense momentum up for the entire movie. Very well done. Not only one of the best entries in the franchise, but the entire genre of horror. And this may sound crazy, but I think Ortega already feels like a bigger star than anyone from the original series. She shines, but unlike the last film Melissa Barrera is actually able to keep up - showing character growth that this sort of trauma should inspire.

My one complaint is that the movie kind of loses its balls at the end. Gail, Misty, Chad and Kirby all survive their attacks and it began to feel like Scream 6 was bringing more characters back to life than killing them. Plus, while having three killers was a new twist, it is still basically the same ending as Scream 2.

Overall a big winner though. I'll give Scream 6 a 9.6/10. I gave Scream 5 a 6/10 on first viewing before bumping it to a 7 the second time around.

Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:43 pm
The Kramer

thompsoncory wrote:
I think Jill from Scream 4 is still one of my favorite characters/killers of the series
This is the best killer reveal. Nobody saw it coming and yet it made perfect sense. The best kind of twist.

This one did a good job of throwing us off the scent of Cop Dad by "killing" his daughter halfway through. But, really, who else could it have been? The new Ghostface was obviously a physically imposing male and the actor who played Sam's boyfriend has already been typecasted as a Great Guy who is always 100% supportive of women.

Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:17 pm
The Kramer

Though why did the kid, who Yellowjacket girl called a Ghostface ghostface (that made me laugh), save her and get her to a hospital when he was also one of the killers?

Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:20 pm
now we know

I liked the fifth film. It was such an improvement over the fourth. But Scream VI is even better. I mean, don't believe the hype - it isn't as good as the original, but I highly enjoyed it nonetheless. It is meta cubed, which is quite a lot of fun if you're a movie buff, and there's lots of great kills and eye-candy actresses, so what's not to love? They do not make complete use of the New York setting, but they do just enough. The subway scene is the stand out, and it's an effective scene. There's also lots of New York apartment action. But I felt it was crying out for a midnight Central Park tunnel scare and chase. I had also hoped more people would die, such as Gail Weathers. All through the film they said legacy characters can die, but they didn't follow through. I also wanted a couple of the "core four" members to have died.

Everyone is good in it besides Hayden Panettiere, who is as stiff in her face as her hair is rigid with hairspray. And, just, her as an FBI agent? Nah. Not buying it. But apart from her the rest were fine, especially Ortega who has taken over from Neve as the new Scream beauty. I've a bit of a crush forming there.

I thought the twist wasn't obvious at all. I'm not saying it was a great twist - felt a bit convoluted and far-fetched even for the Scream universe - but you can forgive these things because it's such an entertaining entry as a whole and I didn't see it coming which is always a bonus. I particularly loved the opening in this one. It gets you right in the mood for the rest of the film. Brilliant stuff. My ranking for the franchise would be:

1. Scream (1996)
2. Scream VI
3. Scream 2
4. Scream (2022)
5. Scream 3
6. Scream 4

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:
I think Jill from Scream 4 is still one of my favorite characters/killers of the series
This is the best killer reveal. Nobody saw it coming and yet it made perfect sense. The best kind of twist.

This one did a good job of throwing us off the scent of Cop Dad by "killing" his daughter halfway through. But, really, who else could it have been? The new Ghostface was obviously a physically imposing male and the actor who played Sam's boyfriend has already been typecasted as a Great Guy who is always 100% supportive of women.

Yes - the twist killer reveal in IV is great - however it far better than anything else in rest of the film IMO. I recall seeing it in 2011 and being underwhelmed until the end of the film which left me on a high leaving the theatre.

Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:36 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
I liked the fifth film. It was such an improvement over the fourth. But Scream VI is even better. I mean, don't believe the hype - it isn't as good as the original, but I highly enjoyed it nonetheless. It is meta cubed, which is quite a lot of fun if you're a movie buff, and there's lots of great kills and eye-candy actresses, so what's not to love? They do not make complete use of the New York setting, but they do just enough. The subway scene is the stand out, and it's an effective scene. There's also lots of New York apartment action. But I felt it was crying out for a midnight Central Park tunnel scare and chase. I had also hoped more people would die, such as Gail Weathers. All through the film they said legacy characters can die, but they didn't follow through. I also wanted a couple of the "core four" members to have died.

Everyone is good in it besides Hayden Panettiere, who is as stiff in her face as her hair is rigid with hairspray. And, just, her as an FBI agent? Nah. Not buying it. But apart from her the rest were fine, especially Ortega who has taken over from Neve as the new Scream beauty. I've a bit of a crush forming there.

I thought the twist wasn't obvious at all. I'm not saying it was a great twist - felt a bit convoluted and far-fetched even for the Scream universe - but you can forgive these things because it's such an entertaining entry as a whole and I didn't see it coming which is always a bonus. I particularly loved the opening in this one. It gets you right in the mood for the rest of the film. Brilliant stuff. My ranking for the franchise would be:

1. Scream (1996)
2. Scream VI
3. Scream 2
4. Scream (2022)
5. Scream 3
6. Scream 4

100%

You have the same rankings as mine so I think we can call this ranking cannon now. :funny:

I didn't quite buy Hayden P as an FBI agent either - but they were playing up the fact that she was suspicious (perhaps not really a cop), so I went along with it.

I knew Jenna Ortega would be a star when I saw her in You S2 a few years back. She certainly has and at the same time become quite the spunky beauty. Barrera is so much better here than the last film - and she's hot!

Regarding NY - the subway and bodega scenes give the NYC vibe but yes, another NY centric scene would have been great. The directors specifically wanted to avoid iconic NYC locations such as Times Square, Empire State, Liberty etc and I commend them for this. BTW - a large part of this is probably because the film was shot in Montreal and not NYC

Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:48 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Though why did the kid, who Yellowjacket girl called a Ghostface ghostface (that made me laugh), save her and get her to a hospital when he was also one of the killers?

Good point. Most likely because it was out in public and he had no choice at that point but to play along.

Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:49 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

The opening scene was fantastic. I figured out what was going on shortly after they didn't cut to the Scream 6 logo on the teacher's death, but that only made it all the better. And for maybe (?) the first time in the series history it gave us the opportunity to root for Ghostface.

Yes - that extended opening scene is just so good. Not sure if I was rooting for that Ghostface though but I did want to see how GF would end up.

My one complaint is that the movie kind of loses its balls at the end. Gail, Misty, Chad and Kirby all survive their attacks and it began to feel like Scream 6 was bringing more characters back to life than killing them. Plus, while having three killers was a new twist, it is still basically the same ending as Scream 2.

In a way by keeping them all alive subverts expectations. I think they will kill one off next time around.

Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next