Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Creed III 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Creed III 
now we know

Post Creed III

Quote:
Creed III is a 2023 American sports drama film directed by and starring Michael B. Jordan (in his feature directorial debut) from a screenplay by Keenan Coogler and Zach Baylin. The film is the sequel to Creed II (2018), the third in the Creed series, and the overall ninth installment in the Rocky film series. It also stars Tessa Thompson, Jonathan Majors, Wood Harris, Florian Munteanu, and Phylicia Rashad. This is the first film in the series without Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa, though he still serves as a producer.

Creed III had its world premiere in Mexico City on February 9, 2023, and was released by United Artists Releasing in the United States and Warner Bros. Pictures internationally on March 3, 2023.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Creed III
I'm a big fan of the first two Creeds, but with the whole Rocky omission it felt like an odd project to me. And then trailer made me not really care for this, but a quite glowing reception was giving me some hope for this after all. The result, it's good, the first half is better with the introduction of Damien and Adonis backstory, but for the second half I don't really love where it went. Though it follows much of the structure of previous films, this one feels different and got me less invested in it. Though the film certainly functions without Rocky, his absence is apparent and a feeling of strangeness about it couldn't escape me. Jordan is capable as a director, the film is well shot, and some of the choices and direction work well, some less. It's a mix of experimental and familiar themes, and it's overal enjoyable but also of a standard clearly lower than the previous two. Though this has a bunch of good characters, I really like Jordan and Thompson in their roles and the daughter is a pretty good addition, this third part also made me feel saturated about the Creed storyline at the end.

B

Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:20 pm
Extraordinary

It's a good film and was a fun 2 hours but was missing Stallone. Feel like he could have fit in well to deal with all the issues Creed has to sort out. I thought Majors made the movie and wanted much more of his backstory and demise. B+

Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:05 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The first half of Creed 3 hits strong, building up a strong personal story. Everything through the fight with Damian and Chavez is great.

After that ... I dunno ... It feels both rushed and very long at the same time. I remember hearing that the original runtime was closer to 2.5 hours and it makes sense. There was clearly more to do before the big final fight, but they just run right to it. Dame's 'I was playing you all along' heel turn is abrupt and unnecesary even if they do work it out by the end. And even though I do think ommitting Sly helped the box office, he was missed in the third act training montages. Adonis as a competitor needs his mentor, but as a director he decided to save some money instead.

So I'll give it a 7.5/10. Better than the Creed 2, but a long ways from Creed 1.

Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]