Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
F 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 
now we know

Post Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Quote:
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is a 2023 American superhero film based on Marvel Comics featuring the characters Scott Lang / Ant-Man and Hope Pym / Wasp. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, it is the sequel to Ant-Man (2015) and Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) and the 31st film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is directed by Peyton Reed, written by Jeff Loveness, and stars Paul Rudd as Scott Lang and Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne alongside Jonathan Majors, Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Douglas, Kathryn Newton, David Dastmalchian, William Jackson Harper, Katy O'Brian, and Bill Murray. In the film, Lang and Van Dyne are transported to the Quantum Realm along with their family and face Kang the Conqueror (Majors).

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania premiered in Los Angeles on February 6, 2023, and was released in the United States on February 17, 2023, as the first film of Phase Five of the MCU.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
It was remarkably pretty decent. Nothing amazing but I found it entertaining the whole time. MODOK looks rough from the side but his face on shots are fine. The backgrounds look more fake here than in any other marvel movie though . I can understand someone not liking it though as it delves into generic sci fi fantasy on more than a few occasions. The Quantum realm look nice but lacks a distinct personality. It was like a cross between Star Wars and Strange World.

There was also nothing woke in it for once :funny:

Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:03 pm
The Kramer

People just went wild for the second end credits scene. :funny: i guess they really love

Spoiler: show
Loki

Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:27 pm
100% That Bitch

Probably the most overhyped villain of all times.
..... was defeated by ants then a fucking fist fight with antman?

Wtf? The CONQUEROR WHO WAS VANISHED FROM THE TIMELINE FOR BEING TOO POWERFUL?

He went from final boss to side quest villain in a heartbeat

But besides all of that it was a blast

A

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:38 am
The Kramer

The special effects are kind of horrible but the writing and story are actually really good. Weird thing to say about a $200M blockbuster film, but it is what it is. Cest comme ca.

8/10

Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:58 am
The Kramer

The biggest issue with the movie, other than not having good cgi, is no Luis. Why wouldn't they bring him back in the beginning to recap the Ant-Man saga?

Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:59 am
The Kramer

A throwaway bit of dialogue I really liked "I fought with Captain America. I would never fight against Cap." Which, to Scott, is 100% true. But we the audience know it is not true since Scott and Sam, the new Captain America, fought back in Ant-Man 1.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:10 am
100% That Bitch

Why is this movie getting so much hate?

This easily the best (outside my blind love MoM) marvel has been since endgame

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:42 pm
Hold the door!

It’s reviews are about on par with Thor/Dr strange/Black Widow etc. They just got a lot of 6/10s and Ant man got a few more 5/10s

Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:05 pm
100% That Bitch

My only complain is that they made Kang lose here. Did Thanos lose on GOTG 1? NOPE

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:20 pm
Hold the door!

My guess is WOM will be average, which with Marvel is not enough. Even an A for Black Panther only got a 2.5x multiple.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:40 pm
Keeping it Light

Ugh, I can't make much else of this except it being pretty awful. The dialogue is particularly bad, it's a complete vfx fest without a compelling story. It feels Marvel has run out of good stories to tell and it lacks the angle of the Avengers universe that tied the previous phase together. Soulless is a good word for this and the current phase. It's a shame because in itself these are not bad characters and actors, but Quatummania plays more like a long tv episode than a proper film. Maybe it's just Marvel fatigue on my end. It doesn't have enough good humor to make up for the dull story either. I have a new worst MCU film.

D

Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:45 pm
Extraordinary

One of the MCU's worst imo. Eek.

Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:18 am
Team Kris

While I did enjoy the movie I was very disappointed in Kang. Setting him up to be the next Thanos I expected much more. Heck even the Kang variant in the last episode of Loki was much better than this Kang. I wanted more backstory and more viciousness. He was defeated way too easily. I guess never underestimate the power of Ants.

B-

Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I’m surprised to say I enjoyed this immensely. Yes it has its flaws but it’s easily the best Ant-Man film and the most entertaining post Infinity saga film (though No Way Home and Shang are both great in that area too). Edit: I count Now Way Home as a special event and out of the norm for these MCU films.

Nice balance of humour which generally works and is thankfully not buffoon type humour seen in the Thor films.

Positive step for Marvel even if I still don’t think the whole multiverse schtick will ultimately work and not a fan of multiverses in general.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:20 am
Hold the door!

Definitely the most child friendly MCU film as well since Spider Man. Could help boost it

Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:24 am
The Kramer

So while I still really like Quantumania and am sticking with my 8/10 grade, the more that time passes the more upset I get that Luis was not in the movie. His stories were arguably the highlights of the first two movies and they can't even pay Pena for a five minute scene? There was no reason to exclude that character and I think its hurting the wom in the same way that not having Loki clearly hurt Love and Thunder's reception.

Having a $200M+ budget with poor special effects and an incomplete cast is just a bad look for any movie, and much more so for Marvel who people expect consistency from.

Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Found this to be pretty bad. I'll check my rankings later, but I have a feeling it's bottom 3 in the MCU for me.

And the story could be completely removed from the MCU and it wouldn't matter, right? Scott and his "did I do the right thing" at the end. Well, whether or not this Kang survived and escaped the quantum realm meant the same result, yes? He escapes = universe in grave danger. He doesn't escape/dies = universe still in grave danger from other Kangs.

It could just exist on its own without needing to be connected, just be a contained Ant-Man film, which I guess it was?

Idk. The story wasn't exactly bad.. It was just hard to get invested. And people weren't kids in with the poor VFX here. Oof. The green screen background when anyone was on screen, especially up close, was especially bad.

C-.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon May 29, 2023 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]