Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Fast & Furious 6 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
C 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
D 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 20

Fast & Furious 6 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Fast & Furious 6
Fast & Furious 6

Quote:
Fast & Furious 6 (alternatively known as Fast Six or Furious Six) is a 2013 action film written by Chris Morgan and directed by Justin Lin. It is the sixth installment in the Fast and the Furious film series. The film stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez, Sung Kang, Chris Bridges, Luke Evans, Gina Carano, and John Ortiz. Fast & Furious 6 follows a professional criminal gang led by Dominic Toretto (Diesel) who have retired following their successful heist in Fast Five (2011), but remain wanted fugitives. U.S. Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) agent Luke Hobbs (Johnson) offers to clear the group's criminal records and allow them to return home in exchange for helping him to take down a skilled mercenary organization led by Owen Shaw (Evans) and his second in command, Dominic's presumed-dead lover Letty Ortiz (Rodriguez).

Fast & Furious 6 was in development by February 2010 as the first film in the series to move away from the underground car-racing theme of the series' previous films which was considered to have placed a barrier on audience numbers. Pre-production had begun by April 2011, and principal photography began in London, England in July 2012. Filming locations also included the Canary Islands, Glasgow, and Los Angeles. The film is scheduled for release on May 24, 2013.

Wed May 15, 2013 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Post Re: Fast & Furious 6
Not as good as Fast Five because at this point, the complete disregard of any laws of physics bothered me too much to ignore. Also, it drags sometimes. But the action setpieces are the best of the entire franchise and I really liked the several hand-to-hand combat scenes. Gina Carano should be in more action flicks. It also ties up things neatly and yet leaves you anticipating the 7th flm greatly because of its final scene (YES!!).

Wed May 15, 2013 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

How hot/bangable is Gina Carano in this film?

Over/under Haywire?

Wed May 15, 2013 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I don't find her particularly hot and she looked better in Haywire.

Wed May 15, 2013 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

Guess I'll wait for Magnus' response.

Wed May 15, 2013 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

FAST & FURIOUS 6

I'm not a huge fan of the series like some. I didn't even watch Tokyo Drift, but I did like the first and the fifth. I haven't kept up with much of the characters but am familiar with the main one's from the first. I thought the film was entertaining overall. Tyrese provided a lot of the comic relief. It was cool seeing the girl from Haywire in here. She and Rodriguez get into a couple cool fight sequences. Luke Evans is a really nice actor. I hope he gets more action/hero or villain roles. I think he's pretty good. The cars and car chases were cool. There are a couple ridiculously over the top sequences both of which I have couple nitpicks over, but I was still happy with the action. I really loved the teaser at the end as well.

Grade - B

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 am
I heet the canadian!

In terms of entertainment value, I felt this was even better than Fast Five. Maybe it dragged more in a few scenes, but the absolute unreality of the entire thing had me smiling from ear to ear. Even the 7 million mile long runway didn't bother me. I also thought it had more humorous banter than Fast Five.

Thu May 16, 2013 2:59 am
You must have big rats

Biggestgeekever wrote:
In terms of entertainment value, I felt this was even better than Fast Five. Maybe it dragged more in a few scenes, but the absolute unreality of the entire thing had me smiling from ear to ear. Even the 7 million mile long runway didn't bother me. I also thought it had more humorous banter than Fast Five.

7 miles? You must mean 70, right?

Thu May 16, 2013 6:38 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Biggestgeekever wrote:

He meant 7 MILLION. He was being funny.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu May 16, 2013 8:25 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Algren wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Biggestgeekever wrote:

He meant 7 MILLION. He was being funny.

Looks like my mind just blackout out on "million"

Bur, seriously, that thing seemed endless.

Thu May 16, 2013 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

lol. A friend and I thought that had to be the longest runway in history

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 am
now we know

It even seemed long in the trailer.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu May 16, 2013 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

The first 15 minutes are a bit clunky--it rushes into the first action sequence a bit too fast--but after that I have nary a bad thing to say about the movie. The script was great--the first half of the movie is absolutely hilarious. The final twenty minutes are even more outrageous, audacious, and testosterone-infused as you hope for, and there's a killer plot twist that absolutely nobody saw coming. And the audience lost their collective ish at the teaser for 7.

Major spoiler
Spoiler: show
Finally, Gisele's death was very cleverly done

I know these films are extremely frontloaded but I think WOM is going to be through the roof.

A

Thu May 16, 2013 7:31 pm
Extraordinary

Not as good as the previous one but 6 times more ridiculous lol, it was fun, i laughed with THE catch and the 100 mile runway, these characters are superheroes they hardly get a scratch with things that would have made normal humans into swiss cheese LMAO.

Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together

It's a far cry from the fifth one (which couldn't have been any better) but I still enjoyed it a lot. There was actually less awesome action than I expected. The scene where Diesel rescues Rodriguez near the end is equally awesome and hilarious. Loved it. Oh and it's pretty funny.

Tue May 21, 2013 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Liked it a bit less than parts 4 and 5 but it's still a great time at the movies. B/B+.

Spoiler: show
Not sure how they're going to keep the light tone in part 7 when two of Dom's crew have been murdered, and I don't think that going dark would be a wise decision for a franchise like this. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Thu May 23, 2013 3:31 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Meh.

As much as I dug the bass thumpin' vibe of ultraaaaa cool street theatre...

As much as I grooved on the iconic characters icily crashing into one another one way or the other...

As much as I wanted to love Fast & Furious 6 as much as the franchise masterpiece Tokyo Drift...

As much as I wanted to "check my mind at the door" for a "popcorn movie" like the kids are all doin' nowadays...

As much as the actors all play it like old pros (except for Gina Carano, who is embarrassingly awful)...

As much as I wish director Justin Lin would once again fulfil his destiny...

Fast & Furious 6 ends up being "a day late and a dollar short" as the old timers say - - there's not enough there, there.

If there was a director's cut edited a half hour tighter this could yet be a winner, but as it stands, it's story isn't nearly as finely tuned as the racers it portrays. I'd love to see the 100 minute version of this film.

3 out of 5.

Fri May 24, 2013 1:18 am
100% That Bitch

A-

JASON STATHAM!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri May 24, 2013 4:26 am
100% That Bitch

You gotta shut yer brain down to really enjoy it, lol.

That runway was lol worthy.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am
Superman: The Movie

Great action. Did it all have to be at night though? And that "leap of faith" was cringe worthy. That might be the series lowest point. And this film didn't do anything to get me to care about the characters again. Gisele and Han came the closest to getting any sort of reaction out of me.

It's fun though. And I could watch Gina Carano do anything.

(B-)

Where's Eva Mendes though? The tease at the end of the last one promised me more Eva Mendes.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat May 25, 2013 12:31 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Awesome. As per usual.

Loved the credit scene! :thumbsup:

Sat May 25, 2013 2:26 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This may be the best one yet. It's dumb but incredibly entertaining and the action sequences are expertly staged and exciting. The audience was going crazy for it, especially the final scene that sets up the next installment with the Jason Statham cameo. B+

Sat May 25, 2013 1:44 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

Yes it's fucking ridiculous and over the top in every way, but so much damn fun at the same time. Not as good as Fast Five, but the action sequences are still pretty spectacular and it does have it's moments especially towards the end where I do think it tops Fast Five

My advice is that it's best seeing these movies with biggest and loudest audience as possible, because they really do make the experience so much better.

Also, OMG that credit scene is so EPIC!

My crowd lost their shit :D.

Sat May 25, 2013 2:31 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Yeah, my audience was very vocal throughout. Should have great WOM.

The highway scene and the plane scene were insane. SO well-done. And the fight between Michelle Rodriguez and Gina Carano was pretty badass.

Hopefully the seventh can be this much fun. It has potential after that end-credits scene.

Sat May 25, 2013 2:41 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

It's funny but my crowd only seemed to get really into it once they got to the military base with the Cargo Plane being brought down. They went crazy when Diesel and Rock teamed up to fight Shaw and that big guy and then that nasty uppercut from the Rock had the whole theatre erupt into applause.

It was so EPIC :whaa:.

I was hoping the mid air catch would get more of a reaction, but people seemed to laugh it off just because of how ridiculous it was. I can't really blame them because it was really fucking ridiculous, but stuff like that is why these movies are so much fun.

Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next