Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Insidious: The Red Door 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Insidious: The Red Door 
now we know

Post Insidious: The Red Door

Quote:
Insidious: The Red Door is an American supernatural horror film directed by Patrick Wilson in his directorial debut from a screenplay by Scott Teems and story by Leigh Whannell and Teems. It is a direct sequel to Insidious (2010) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013), and the fifth installment in the Insidious franchise. Ty Simpkins, Wilson, Andrew Astor, Rose Byrne, and Lin Shaye reprise their roles from the films. Hiam Abbass and Sinclair Daniel also join the cast.

After the release of Insidious: The Last Key (2018), Blumhouse Productions opted for possibilities to produce future films in the series, including a crossover with the Sinister series. In October 2020, the studio announced that Wilson would direct and star in the new film, with Teems writing the script based on a story written by Whannell.

Insidious: The Red Door was released in the United States on July 7, 2023, by Sony Pictures Releasing.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:18 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Insidious: The Red Door
Do I need to watch the third and fourth for this one? Neither are on any streaming platform at the moment.

Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:44 am
100% That Bitch

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Do I need to watch the third and fourth for this one? Neither are on any streaming platform at the moment.

No. Not at all

The first two thirds are a masterclass in horror/jumpscares and it was an A but the final third completely loses it and it ends up being just a fine film.

They REALLY dropped the ball in the final third. Once the demon takes over Dalton it completely misses the mark. All the way up to Dalton tackling Patrick is A+ but then.... ew

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:44 am
The Kramer

The kid is a bit annoying, but I'd say I still liked this one about as much as the first two. They build up the spooky scenes so well that the actual scares is kind of a relief in some ways when it finally comes. Journeying in and out of the further remains as terrifying as ever. And the black girl is actually fun to hang with to make up for emo kid being so annoying.

I get Mau's point about the third act going off the rails ... He's mostly right ... But I also think the whole point of the film is that 'burying the past only ensure that it will come back at the worst time' , so having it be a combination of endings from the first two is thematically appropriate if nothing else.

Also, Patrick Stewart directs the hell out of this movie. You could've told me James Wan was in control and I would believe you.

I'll give it an 8/10ish

Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:41 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

This was pretty bad. Not scary. Worst of the franchise and a bit of a bore. 5/10

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]