Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Women Talking 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Women Talking 
now we know

Post Women Talking

Quote:
Women Talking is a 2022 American drama film written and directed by Sarah Polley. It is based on the 2018 novel of the same name by Miriam Toews, and inspired by real-life events that occurred at the Manitoba Colony in Bolivia. The film stars Rooney Mara, Claire Foy, Jessie Buckley, Judith Ivey, Ben Whishaw, and Frances McDormand, who is also a producer on the film.

Women Talking had its world premiere at the 49th Telluride Film Festival on September 2, 2022, and is scheduled for a limited theatrical release in the United States on December 23, 2022, before expanding wide on January 20, 2023, by United Artists Releasing. The film received acclaim from critics, who praised Polley's screenplay and direction, the performances of the cast (particularly Foy, Buckley, and Whishaw) and score. It was also named one of the top ten films of 2022 by the National Board of Review and the American Film Institute.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Women Talking
This was mildly interesting but almost nothing happens in it lol. Ends right when it gets interesting. The script and characters kept me engaged, even if I thought the structure could have been more suspenseful rather than as slow as it is.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:44 am
Extraordinary

Thought the standout was Claire Foy. Was interesting to have the 2 actresses playing Lisbeth in here lol

I thought this was fine for the most part. Strong acting all around but not really BP nomination worthy imo.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:57 pm
Keeping it Light

Agree with above reviews. Good film, very good acting and nice sound design also. I thought there might been some more suspense in this, but it's definitely true to its title, and despite the lack of that it still kept me interested. And though I appreciate it's tale of emancipation, it unfortunately also felt forced at the same time, disingenuous to some extent, holding this back from being better.

B

Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]