Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Puss in Boots: The Last Wish 

Grade:
A 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish 
now we know

Post Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

Quote:
Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is a 2022 American computer-animated adventure film that is a direct/stand-alone sequel to the 2011 film Puss in Boots, a spin-off of the Shrek franchise and the sixth installment thereof. Antonio Banderas reprises his role as the titular character, and the film is produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. It is directed by Joel Crawford and co-directed by Januel Mercado from a screenplay by Paul Fisher and Tommy Swerdlow, based on a story by Swerdlow and the first film's writer Tom Wheeler, with additional screenplay material provided by Etan Cohen. The voice cast also includes Salma Hayek, Harvey Guillén, Florence Pugh, Olivia Colman, Ray Winstone, Samson Kayo, John Mulaney, Wagner Moura, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, and Anthony Mendez. The film continues Puss in Boots's (Banderas) journey as he sets to find the mystical Last Wish and restore the eight of his nine lives that he lost while escaping new enemies (Pugh, Mulaney, and Moura) who plan to hunt him down, with the help of his friends (Hayek and Guillén).

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish was theatrically released in the United States on December 21, 2022. The film received generally positive reviews from critics. It was nominated for Best Animated Feature Film at the 80th Golden Globe Awards.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish
This was fantastic. Easily one of Dreamworks best. Incredibly inventive animation and action, lots of laugh out loud moments, and a very creative fusion of several fairytales. Favorite animated movie of the year by a mile

Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:10 pm
Extraordinary

This is superb. Antonio and Salma are great and the animation is really nice with some inventive scenes. It's between this and Turning Red for the best family film I've seen this year. Hope it gets a big bump in theaters this week as more people definitely would enjoy it.

Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I watched the first one for the first time, painfully meh. This one was so much better. Entertaining all the way through and actually had a good story and characters.

Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:42 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

This was fun, clever with interesting animation choices. The Banderes/Hayek reunion works a treat. Much better than the first. Looks like they have a sequel planned already judging by that final scene. That could serve as the perfect way to allow for the return of Shrek…

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:04 pm
now we know

I haven't seen Puss in Boots but I was quite impressed with The Last Wish. The way it uses fairytale, nursery rhyme, and legendary characters to populate the world is, of course, nothing new since that's what the Shrek franchise is all about but I found it clever and charming nonetheless. The animation also wasn't unbearable like I thought it was going to be by the trailers. It's only really stop-motion-y and clunky when the action is high in kineticism, but I liked it anyway. I thought it added to the film's arty side, elevating the film above other animated adventures like the generic Strange World types. I also loved the characterization and presence of the Big Bad Wolf / the embodiment of death. That's very well done.

The voices were great, too. A welcome reunion for Banderas and Hayek even if it isn't live-action. But a few voices I couldn't place, such as I thought Jack Horner was Nathan Lane and Perrito was Nate Torrence. I also thought Baby Bear sounded a little like James Corden, Death sounded like Javier Bardem at times, and that Jiminy Cricket character was surely was an impression of James Stewart, lol. I was wrong on all counts, of course, but regardless the voice performances were top drawer.

The film is also funny at times. I only smiled to myself once or twice but it is full of delightful dialogue and visual stimuli. The film does, unfortunately, have a little too much self-infatuation on the part of Puss, which I get is his character but it just got to me when he introduced himself for the three-thousandth time. But the "Fearless Hero" song is pretty awesomely catchy, and it should have been nominated for Best Original Song. I know I will include it in my KJ ballot. Here it is for everyone:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Pretty solid animated movie, wouldn't put it up there with the best Disney ones or anything, but it had its heart in the right place and has cool animation. I liked the amount of different parties and wild cards after the Wish, Goldilocks addition was great and they could get their own movie.

Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:19 pm
The Kramer

This was Thor: Love and Thunder (a movie I liked) but somehow more mature and less ADD. The goldilocks/3 bears story could have just been repeating the same hot/cold/just right joke over and over but they gave them a legitimately heart-breaking and then heart-warming arc. And the theme of not needing magical solutions to become the best you can be is on point, rare for a fairy tale and much needed in our world.

Oh and the animation is fantastic. I really like Dreamworks is branching out with their own style rather than just copying Pixar.

A wonderful movie. Right there with the first two Shreks. 9.5/10

Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:23 pm
Ocarina of Time

Pretty solid 8/10

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:35 am

Surprisingly great. The best parts were the wolf character and the animation. Some parts felt unneeded, but were fun. Certainly top tier Dreamworks

A-

Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]