Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 

Grade:
A 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
B 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 
now we know

Post Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Quote:
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is a 2022 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Black Panther. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, it is the sequel to Black Panther (2018) and the 30th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is directed by Ryan Coogler, who co-wrote the screenplay with Joe Robert Cole, and stars Letitia Wright, Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, Winston Duke, Dominique Thorne, Florence Kasumba, Michaela Coel, Tenoch Huerta, Martin Freeman, and Angela Bassett. In the film, the leaders of Wakanda fight to protect their nation in the wake of King T'Challa's death.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever premiered at the El Capitan Theatre and the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on October 26, 2022, and was released in the United States on November 11, 2022, as the final film in Phase Four of the MCU.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
I really enjoyed it. I won't like that Boseman's absence isn't felt in every frame, but they do a great job of honoring him while also pushing the story and the characters forward. The visuals are beautiful and the performances are great, and for an almost 3 hour film it doesn't feel super bloated. A-

Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:35 pm
Profile YIM
100% That Bitch

Angela Bassett ate.

A

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:23 am
100% That Bitch

My biggest complain is that Angela Bassett was in God Mode here, she was just schooling everyone around her and it shows in the film.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:53 pm
Hold the door!

I liked it about as much as the first film. Not my favorite but enjoyable. Action and special effects Are way better this time. Story is fine. Performances pretty good

Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:47 am
Extraordinary

Probably mid MCU for me. I thought it had a pretty strong start and finish while the middle was fine for the most part. The film is elevated by how they decided to handle Chadwick's passing, think that was well done overall.

Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:52 am

I just have a hard time getting into any MCU film post Endgame, it all just feels unneeded. I forgot this actually came out

Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:36 am
Confessing on a Dance Floor

yeah like no mention of avengers. they don't care? not even a cameo

what was the point of the non-wakanda scenes? they added nothing to the plot

i get that T'Challa died. can we move on from it?

great beginning. decent ending. meh middle.

Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 pm
Superman: The Movie

A noble misfire. Its trying to do way too much and winds up doing very little well. I think I gave the previous film a hard time for Boseman being kind of a boring lead, but man is he missed here in more ways than one. Letitia Wright is not a lead. It's also kind of odd on Disney's part that they'd have the villains be a bunch of blue underwater people a month before Avatar 2 comes out. It also doesn't help that they're boring villains. Why would Coogler set it up that the two oppressed nations are fighting one another at the end instead of fighting together against a common enemy? And for a film that's all about grief, it sure could used a little more Marvel levity. This was not the time to listen to fans who think these films are too jokey. I'm not saying this should've been a laugh riot, but christ, a laugh or too would've been nice.

Second worst MCU film only ahead of Eternals.

C

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

I am one of the few who found BP to be extremely overrated outside of MBJ, this is even worse. Marvel is really really declining as of late, nothing is impressing.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:19 am
The Kramer

I thought this was great, but also could have used some tighter editing in the second half. Just wish the entire final battle took place in Wakanda over an extended period rather than stopping it for 20 minutes and then restarting. I really liked the journeys of Shuri and Namor, their brief friendship and understanding of each other making everything else all the more tragic. Feels more like an origin story than a sequel, and all things considered, I think that was the best way they could have gone and everyone should be applauded for turning such a sad situation into a film so powerful.

8.8/10

Also, this was my first Real Imax movie since the pandemic started (in NYC Lincoln Center.) And my goodness, I had forgotten how it felt like to be surrounded by the movie and belted with sound waves throughout. If it wasn't so expensive to stay in the city I'd go back next month for Avatar and then for Ant-Man, John Wick, Guardians, etc...

Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]