Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Good Son 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Good Son 
now we know

Post The Good Son

Quote:
The Good Son is a 1993 American psychological thriller film directed by Joseph Ruben and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It was written by English novelist Ian McEwan. Its story follows a young boy named Mark who, after the death of his mother, is sent to stay with his aunt and uncle while his father is away on business. While there he meets his cousin Henry, who shows signs of violent and evil behavior. It stars Macaulay Culkin, Elijah Wood, Wendy Crewson, David Morse, Daniel Hugh Kelly, and Jacqueline Brookes.

The film was produced by Joseph Ruben and Mary Ann Page and was released on September 24, 1993. It grossed $12.5 million during its opening weekend and $60.6 million worldwide, against a budget of $17 million. It received negative reviews from critics and has a 25% approval rating based on 28 votes on Rotten Tomatoes.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:50 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: The Good Son
This is kind of a fucked up film. Macaulay Culkin plays a psycho kid (the complete opposite of Kevin McCallister) but apart from that - because all kids can push boundaries if not parented well - his parents are the absolute worst. They let two 12-13 year olds wander around the town, which is near the sea and their house right on the cliffside. No wonder her other son died and her daughter narrowly escaped death - she's never around!. And the ending is just insane. But all-in-all not a bad 90s movie, particularly good if you like something like Stand By Me and/or New England.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:57 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Not bad, not good. But it is engaging most of the time. And while it may have ruined his career Culkin is fantastic. B. These were type of movies killed by tv shows like law and order

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:45 am
Devil's Advocate

Algren wrote:
Macaulay Culkin plays a psycho kid (the complete opposite of Kevin McCallister)

Is it though?

Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:41 am
now we know

:lol:

I thought someone might pick me up on that. But I feel there is a distinct difference between the two. Kevin is sweet apart from the beginning, and even then it was a strop because all the family were being really mean to him. Even his uncle says "look what you did you little jerk" in a really nasty tone, and that other boy says "you're such a disease". So I understand him being upset, lashing out, and then saying he doesn't want to see his family for the rest of his life. These are heat-of-the-moment statements. What he doesn't do is capture cats and torture them, lol. That's who Culkin is in The Good Son. He's twisted and evil in a Machiavellian sense.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]