Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Clerks III 

Grade:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Clerks III 
now we know

Post Clerks III

Quote:
Clerks III is a 2022 American comedy film written, produced, directed, and edited by Kevin Smith and stars Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Trevor Fehrman, Austin Zajur, Jason Mewes, Rosario Dawson, and Smith. It serves as a standalone sequel to the 1994 and 2006 Clerks films, and is the ninth overall feature film set in the View Askewniverse. In the film, Randal Graves, who after surviving a massive heart attack, enlists his friends and fellow clerks Dante Hicks, Elias Grover, and Jay and Silent Bob to make a movie about their lives at the Quick Stop Convenience store that started it all.

The film had its world premiere on September 4, 2022, in Red Bank, New Jersey, before its release on September 13, by Lionsgate.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Clerks III
What??? I'm not really a big Kevin Smith (or Clerks) fan exactly, but I didn't even know this was even a thing.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I'm surprised this and Jay and Silent Bob 2 couldn't get a little more attention, he needed to sign a Netflix deal or something.

Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:37 pm
Romosexual!

Corpse wrote:
What??? I'm not really a big Kevin Smith (or Clerks) fan exactly, but I didn't even know this was even a thing.

Quote:
https://cinematicslant.com/2022/09/13/c ... ing-recap/
At this point Lionsgate announced their release plans for the film, which amounted to a two-night special event in partnership with Fathom Events.

Smith also announced The Convenience Tour, a roadshow beginning in September and running through November that included screening of the film itself along with the director doing what he does best, which is talk about the movie and whatever else occurs to him.

similar to the marketing of Jay & Silent Bob: Reboot

Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:37 pm
The Kramer

This movie was ... really depressing. Almost the entire way through. Was not expecting that. Not sure how to grade it. Can we check on Kevin and make sure he's ok?

Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:32 am
The Kramer

Don't click if you're gonna watch the film.

Spoiler: show
Randall has a heart attack at the beginning of the film and survived, then decides to make a movie about being in a real conveinance store. Very much like the real Kevin Smith although a little out of order.

Dante spends to movie being depressed about Rosario Dawson dying sometime in between Clerks 2 and 3. Though she still appears as a ghost in several. Then, at the end, Dante also has a heart attack. Except he dies ...

They mention a post heart attack depression syndrome, which in retrospect is Kevin telling us why he's doing this. I guess it could also be considered a PSA to treat yourself better. Yet it also makes me feel shitty for sitting here and watching a movie. Just feels weird that he would use his Clerks franchise to achieve this after doing the mostly harmless Jay and Silent Bob reboot. Maybe that's the point. I have mixed feelings about it all.

Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:46 am
Forum General

This was beautiful and so fucking heartbreaking. I went to Smith's first showing on his road show tour and then again when it was in regular theaters and sobbed both times. The movie theater scene is so beautiful. Great performances across the board and just incredibly moving. One of Smith's best movies for sure.

A

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:13 pm