Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Samaritan 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Samaritan 
now we know

Post Samaritan

Quote:
Samaritan is an American superhero film directed by Julius Avery, written by Bragi F. Schut, and starring Sylvester Stallone in the title role, Javon Walton, Pilou Asbæk, Dascha Polanco, and Moises Arias. Described as a dark, new take on superhero movies, the story was previously adapted into the Mythos Comics graphic novels by Schut, Marc Olivent, and Renzo Podesta. It is a co-production of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Balboa Productions.

Samaritan was released on August 26, 2022, by United Artists Releasing and Amazon Studios via streaming on Prime Video.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Samaritan
Unfortunately, this isn't very good. I was quite bored as I had to sit through a fairly generic superhero plot. Not even the fights are entertaining, with some dodgy CGI and a PG-13 tone. Then the powers are unclear. Sometimes, when CG is involved, he's super strong and other times, when it's just Stallone, his strength feels like, well, still very strong but not otherworldly. Something is off. Oh, and I saw the big twist within the first five minutes. It's so damn obvious.

After Overlord, I expected a lot more from Julius Avery, but Samaritan offers nothing new, and it feels cheap for a film that had a proper studio behind it.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Samaritan
It's not bad and I like the twist in it, but it's mostly a bit too dull. The kid is too unlikeable and the plot simmers along with little excitement. Stallone is a pretty good presence and I found it fine enough to want to see it through. But the production values feel second rate and it's more of a bland product that could have used more ambition.

C+

Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]