Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Valley Girl (1983) 

Grade:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Valley Girl (1983) 
now we know

Post Valley Girl (1983)

Quote:
Valley Girl is a 1983 American teen romantic comedy film directed by Martha Coolidge and starring Nicolas Cage, Deborah Foreman, Michelle Meyrink, Elizabeth Daily, Cameron Dye and Michael Bowen.

Valley Girl was released in the United States on April 29, 1983. The plot is based loosely on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:19 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Valley Girl (1983)
Just like so many of these 80s teen movies, this is such a lovely, feel-good movie. It is pure elation. The energy is contagious, and even though my teen years were not part of the decade it still took me back to the feelings and urges and pressures and delights of my youth. Great films latch onto these themes for all generations to enjoy. The music is also absolutely fantastic, with tunes like Eddie Grant's "Electric Avenue" and Men at Work's "Who Can It Be Now?" being standouts. The girls are nubile and delicious, and everyone is so unapologetically themselves just having a ball. It's pure and true 80s, from the sights to the clothing to the music to the hair, not this gimmicky 80s in modern films where everything is inauthentically dialed up.

Just as Dazed and Confused and Fast Times at Ridgemont High were instant classics, Valley Girl is another one for me.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]