Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 RRR 

Grade:
A 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

RRR 
Keeping it Light

Post RRR

Quote:
RRR is a 2022 Indian Telugu-language epic action drama film directed by S. S. Rajamouli, who co-wrote the film with V. Vijayendra Prasad. It was produced by D. V. V. Danayya of DVV Entertainment. The film stars N. T. Rama Rao Jr., Ram Charan, Ajay Devgn, Alia Bhatt, Shriya Saran, Samuthirakani, Ray Stevenson, Alison Doody, and Olivia Morris. It centers around two real-life Indian revolutionaries, Alluri Sitarama Raju (Charan) and Komaram Bheem (Rama Rao), their friendship and their fight against the British Raj. Set in the 1920s, the film tells an alternate history story exploring the undocumented period in their lives, when both the revolutionaries chose to go into obscurity before they began the fight for their country.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:57 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: RRR
Watched this on Netflix and absolutely loved it. Don't trust the movie description blurb, it's a whole other level than just a historical drama.

The music is great and think it definitely deserves more awards recognition than it's probably getting. Would be my favorite for Best song Oscar, which now feels like far ahead of some of the other movie music. Would have been something to see this in a theater as well.

What surprised me most about this was how well this stacks up with the great buddy films. The dynamic between the two leads and their chemistry was through the charts. This is over 3 hours long but you're so emotionally invested in their friendship I didn't feel bored at all.

There was a kinship that gave me vibes of Thelma and Louise, Point Break, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The themes of loyalty and betrayal in friendships.

The action scenes are so ridiculous at times here yet they somehow all worked for me. There's a sense of lunacy that is so far off the edge you can't not help loving how over the top it gets. I'm a huge fan of the Fast franchise but feel RRR executes so much better than those films have with likely a much smaller budget. It's the action movie that the Fast franchise wishes it could be.

Lastly, I can understand how this is taking off as an entry point for India cinema in many markets like Japan. The universal human element of friendship and the two stars make this one to remember.

I expect this is going to gain a lot more fans over the years and with Netflix's distribution. It's just too much fun!

A

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: RRR
Great movie, thought I never really adjusted to the bollywood style where these ultra-badasses also being a part of highly choreographed song and dance routines.

8/10

Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]