Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Timebomb 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Timebomb 
now we know

Post Timebomb

Quote:
Timebomb is a 1991 American science-fiction action film written and directed by Avi Nesher and starring Michael Biehn, Patsy Kensit, and Richard Jordan.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Timebomb
So, to me, Patsy Kensit in Lethal Weapon 2 is one of the most beautiful people to ever grace the screen. A real beauty. Soft, delicate, extremely attractive, feminine, and European. So I thought I would track down some of her films around that time. I found Timebomb which came out two years later, so I thought I'd give it a go. It actually received a theatrical release, though I cannot find any numbers on it.

Anyway, it follows Eddy Kay (Michael Biehn) who is having visions of another life that he did not live, or so he thinks. Turns out he was one of twenty trained as a type of super special agent to carry out covert assassinations and other off-the-books government jobs, but in one gone awry he was mistakenly presumed dead. Present day Kay is a watchmaker and he's discovered by his old unit, who then chase him to take him out. That's pretty much the story. Kensit is a psychiatrist helping him figure out his demons, and she comes along for the ride as they are also trying to kill her. I'm not sure why they bother with either of them, to be honest. He was no risk to them until they started chasing him, jogging his memory, which then made him curious, but that's what happened.

It's actually not a bad R-rated eighties mystery-chase thriller that bled over into the nineties. I grew up on this type of action film so it felt very comfortable for me. Billy Blanks is also one of the agents chasing Biehn, and I always appreciate seeing those lesser known action actors from yesteryear. Anyway, Patsy is unbelievably hot in this. She obviously has a sex scene, but it's way too short. Biehn apparently took a pay cut and trained "military style" to prepare for the film. The producers wanted Chuck Norris or Van Damme. That would have been odd having Kensit fuck Chuck Norris, lol. Biehn does well, and I actually don't remember seeing any non-Terminator Biehn-led movie before, so that was interesting to see.

Now I'm going to search for two other Kensit kino treats, Bitter Harvest and Blue Tornado.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]