Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

Quote:
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb is an upcoming 2014 American comedy film directed by Shawn Levy and written by Robert Ben Garant, David Guion, Michael Handelman and Thomas Lennon. It is the sequel to the 2009 film Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. The film stars Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Dan Stevens and Ben Kingsley. The film is scheduled to be released on December 19, 2014, by 20th Century Fox. It is the third and final installment of the trilogy. The film is also one of the final works of Robin Williams and Mickey Rooney before they passed away.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Post Re: Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
C+/B-

I actually liked it ever so slightly more than the first two, maybe because my expectations hit rock bottom by now. It is a silly, always mildly entertaining adventure that, as usual, never uses the full potential of its cool premise and opts to often for, well, just silliness. Ben Stiller's lead is more restrained than ever here, which is nice for a change, but then again, he gets to play a different character here too, so the grimace-quota is still used up. It was sad seeing one of Robin Williams' final scenes in the film, when he bids farewell. I almost choked up at that. Damn, he is so likeable. Rebel Wilson, on the other hand, is more annoying than anything here. Ricky Gervais gets absolutely nothing noteworthy to do.

The very best part about the film though - a GREAT cameo in the middle of the film. Seriously, that one scene is the best thing about all three Night at the Museum-flicks.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Stupid, childish flick. The film has about 3 minutes of Ricky Gervais (although it leaves it open for a fourth which would focus entirely on him) but the whole damn movie on the emotionless, fun-sapping bore that is Ben Stiller. I was surprised to see Dan Stevens in a light hearted role as Lancelot. He was very dashing, resembling a certain Cary Elwes, which was a delight. Other than that, though, the film is a waste of time. Robin Williams, Ben Kingsley, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan, all should be utterly ashamed of themselves for agreeing to do this film. These are respected actors and comedians, and this film is full of crap, crap, crap humour. Ricky Gervais manages to save the film from an F. The Hugh Jackman/Alice Eve cameo, while surprising, was degrading for both performers to see them in this type of scenario in this type of film. Rebel Wilson was shit, but then I don't think that's her fault. Her own brand of comedy is also not very good, but she had to restrain herself to PG-only material here.

It's time to stop making these films now.

D

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I enjoyed the first Night at the Museum when I was 8, slept through the second when I was 11, and revisited the franchise today at nearly 17 years of age. I'll always have a nostalgic attachment to the first, but this was just not a very well made movie. IT had some chuckles here and there, and I love Rebel Wilson in anything she's in, no matter how shitty, but the whole film just feels tired. The ending is actually pretty good and interesting; if only the whole movie were as refreshingly thoughtful. I enjoyed Hugh Jackman, though they definitely would have had security ready to tackle Lancelot.

C

Sat May 16, 2015 11:01 pm
now we know

I just rewatched this with my son. It's better than the second movie but still very bad. Stiller is such a bore of a performer. The film does get back to a more structured type of family fun, unlike the ultra silly second film. But this one is still incredibly badly written. At the end, the tablet stays in London, yet the exhibits in New York are still animated. It makes no sense!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]