Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 DC League of Super-Pets 

Grade:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

DC League of Super-Pets 
now we know

Post DC League of Super-Pets

Quote:
DC League of Super-Pets is an American 3D computer-animated superhero comedy film produced by Warner Animation Group, based on the DC Comics superhero team Legion of Super-Pets. The film is directed by Jared Stern in his theatrical directorial debut, who co-wrote it with John Whittington. The film stars the voices of Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Kate McKinnon, John Krasinski, Vanessa Bayer, Olivia Wilde, Natasha Lyonne, Diego Luna, Thomas Middleditch, Ben Schwartz, and Keanu Reeves.

DC League of Super-Pets was theatrically released in the United States on July 29, 2022, by Warner Bros. Pictures.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: DC League of Super-Pets
This was a tough sit. I thought it was absolute crap. DC have wasted such an opportunity here to kickstart a decent theatrical animated presence. It's such throwaway entertainment insistent on a stop-start approach and wokeness over a compelling and exciting superhero adventure. It's the champion of the anticlimax gag, which just stops every moment of potential zing in its tracks.

Here we see the second animated movie of the year use villainous guinea pigs as antagonists, and an array of poorly utilized voice performances. I'm sick of Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart. This might have been an opportunity to switch their roles for a change, but not even that is attempted. This movie is so unambitious it's actually quite sad, and it's not even humorous to counter. It is painstakingly unfunny. All the quips are recycled from other pet movies, and although it's for kids the film feels overly sanitized. For example, there is a scene where Ace (the Bat dog) pees on a fountain but the action is totally obscured, and in another scene there is even an audible bleep - why put the insinuation of a swear word if you don't allow it to be heard? It's so stupid. Dogs pee. Dogs pee in public. Hiding it here isn't going to stop your kiddies seeing it in real life. It's not as if the dog was doing a poo on Batman's chest!

The forced wokeness is so frustrating and just dumb, too. Every character that wouldn't cause a backlash is now black. It's an epidemic, I swear. Green Lantern is now a black woman. Aquaman is a person of colour. Cyborg is a black man. Ace's owners are a mixed race couple with a little black girl. The pet store worker is a black woman. The couple that adopts a cat is black. You get the picture. It just becomes too much when whiteness is systematically being erased, and nobody mentions it. It's almost taboo to mention it. But it's definitely a thing these days. Even the majority of commercials these days are completed with black actors. It's such bullshit propaganda, but everyone goes along with it for fear of being labelled the dreaded 'R word'. And it serves no purpose either. Movies with black leads hardly make bank. They turn the phrase 'go woke, go broke' into economic reality. Why the hell does Hollywood do this? Pander to such a minority that it hurts their bottom line. White-led movies instantly do better. I don't even have to cite examples, but when most of your potential viewers are white, of course those movies are going to attract more bums on seats. Cinema-goers are not stupid. They know when they're being fed crap. Shoehorning in black people to seem more inclusive is not the answer. And it's not just this film, it happens in so many family movies these days and I'll point it out every time it's obvious, contrived, and unnecessary.

Damn, I hope there is no sequel to DC League of Super-Pets. Despite its late legs at the U.S. box office, I could not envisage a title more suitable for HBO Max. What a waste of $90 million.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:44 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

That sounds absolutely dismal. I was looking forward to take the kids to see it but my enthusiasm for it has dropped to zero.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:23 am
now we know

Well, if you do happen to see it, I'd like love to know your thoughts. It's possible this particular film just caught me on a bad day and I unleashed a bit of pent up frustration of the state of the industry - at best it's entirely bland. I'm actually a little surprised nobody reviewed it already.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:19 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

oh god characters are BLACK in this?!? when will the wokeness end.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:01 pm
now we know

It's not surprising that you failed to grasp my concern, but I'll explain it to you here like the infant you are. It's not that black characters are in the movie. I've no issue with, say, Beast or Black Panther or Morgan Freeman in Se7en or Samuel L. Jackson in Unbreakable or a thousand other movies that have black characters. So your kneejerk imply-everyone-is-a-racist-that-notices-a-black-person response is immature and only highlights the limit of your cognitive ability. The issue is the trend that I've observed, of forcing black actors into so many more roles, whether it be movies, TV, or commercials, at the expense of reality, purely to appease the militant BLM movement. The U.S. is not majority black, yet if you go by watching commercials you would think the U.S. is Nigeria - very, very few white people in commercials that I see on YouTube these days. It can be a commercial for anything - DoorDash, State Farm, McDonald's, Old Navy, anything, and all of the people (or at least 50%) will be black - in a country where only 13% is black. And the same thing is happening in movies. Most characters that wouldn't otherwise cause a huge backlash (say, Superman or Batman) are suddenly black. This is being forced upon us and I do not have to be happy about it.

There, I've explained it. I don't plan to continue a back-and-forth with you since you're only here to troll on people that do not obey your worldview with your mic drop snark. I just wanted to explain my criticism of DC League of Super-Pets.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Your explanation is even more racist than your review lmao. "they're putting black people in everything and there are not that many black people!"

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:14 pm
Hold the door!

Is Chippy Scott Mendelson from Forbes his takes remind me of his.

Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:52 pm
Devil's Advocate

Algren wrote:
It's not surprising that you failed to grasp my concern, but I'll explain it to you here like the infant you are. It's not that black characters are in the movie. I've no issue with, say, Beast or Black Panther or Morgan Freeman in Se7en or Samuel L. Jackson in Unbreakable or a thousand other movies that have black characters. So your kneejerk imply-everyone-is-a-racist-that-notices-a-black-person response is immature and only highlights the limit of your cognitive ability. The issue is the trend that I've observed, of forcing black actors into so many more roles, whether it be movies, TV, or commercials, at the expense of reality, purely to appease the militant BLM movement. The U.S. is not majority black, yet if you go by watching commercials you would think the U.S. is Nigeria - very, very few white people in commercials that I see on YouTube these days. It can be a commercial for anything - DoorDash, State Farm, McDonald's, Old Navy, anything, and all of the people (or at least 50%) will be black - in a country where only 13% is black. And the same thing is happening in movies. Most characters that wouldn't otherwise cause a huge backlash (say, Superman or Batman) are suddenly black. This is being forced upon us and I do not have to be happy about it.

There, I've explained it. I don't plan to continue a back-and-forth with you since you're only here to troll on people that do not obey your worldview with your mic drop snark. I just wanted to explain my criticism of DC League of Super-Pets.

I think it's just business at the end of the day. The kids adopted a demeaning fad of acting like skin color and gender/sexual preference is the most important thing about a person, which is believable as kids do dumb stuff sometimes, and corporate america is all about making money off the kids. Ultimately though the more the least cool people embrace a once more fad until it reaches the "Hillary Clinton doing the macarena" phase the more it is doomed. In recent years suburban housewives, politicians and billionaires are in on this which might make the beginning of the end.

Also, I wouldn't subscribe to Netflix if I were you.

Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:37 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Algren wrote:
Well, if you do happen to see it, I'd like love to know your thoughts. It's possible this particular film just caught me on a bad day and I unleashed a bit of pent up frustration of the state of the industry - at best it's entirely bland. I'm actually a little surprised nobody reviewed it already.

I think you were having a bad day and you may like it more upon a subsequent re-watch.

Watched this with the kids a few weeks back and have to say we all enjoyed it. Perhaps I was expecting far worse, but I thought it was one of the better kids/animated films in recent years. Likeable characters, good animation, solid action and had a few decent laughs.

Also had no issue with the casting. I'd be up for a sequel (albeit unlikely we'll get one)

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]