Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Press Play 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Press Play 
Wallflower

Post Press Play

Quote:
Laura (Clara Rugaard) and Harrison (Lewis Pullman) have the picture-perfect romance built on the foundation of a shared love of music. After a deadly accident, Laura is given the chance to save the love of her life when she discovers that their mixtape can transport her back in time. Featuring a moving soundtrack with songs by Japanese Breakfast, Father John Misty, Dayglow and more, Press Play reminds you that love can always be replayed.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:17 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Press Play
I drove to a theater an hour and a half away to see this in the theater because of my love for Lewis Pullman. Had to support his movie on the big screen. I apologize in advance if this review is mostly me thirsting over him.

It was honestly going to be difficult for me to not enjoy this. I'm a sucker for a beautiful sun-drenched location and I really liked the story. I'm a firm believer in the transporting power of a great song. The movie does have its shortcomings. I would have loved for the first part of the movie to be longer. We needed more time getting to know these characters before he died. With a runtime of only an hour and twenty five minutes they could have easily made it longer. Even another 15 minutes could have benefited it greatly and made his death have a bigger impact. Thankfully for me the idea of having and losing Lewis Pullman is already pretty devastating so it didn't matter too much. :P But it would have been nice if their time together were less rushed.

"Press Play" is a pleasant, easy watch. Both leads are likeable, with Pullman being especially charming. If a fan of him or romance movies I think it's worth checking out. It probably won't be the last time I watch it.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]