Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Fire Island 

Grade:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Fire Island 
now we know

Post Fire Island

Quote:
Fire Island is a 2022 American romantic comedy film directed by Andrew Ahn, and written by and starring Joel Kim Booster. The film co-stars Bowen Yang, Conrad Ricamora, James Scully, and Margaret Cho. Inspired by Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, the story follows a group of gay friends who go on vacation to Fire Island, only for things to become complicated by classism and romance.

Distributed and produced by Searchlight Pictures, the film was released on Hulu on June 3, 2022. The film received generally positive reviews.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Post Re: Fire Island
I had low / no expectations for this, but it was much better than I could have hoped. Really fun, funny, charming, and heartfelt, balancing queer, cheeky rom com humor with depth and real issues / emotions. I appreciated how the movie showcased some of the toxic elements of queer culture and racist microaggressions, without being preachy or pedantic. The whole cast was excellent and perfectly suited to their roles/characters, although I wish some of the supporting characters were a little more fleshed out. Definite recommend.

A-

Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]