Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Bad Guys 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

The Bad Guys 
Keeping it Light

Post The Bad Guys

Quote:
The Bad Guys is a 2022 American computer-animated crime comedy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. The film was directed by Pierre Perifel (in his feature directorial debut) from a screenplay by Etan Cohen, and is loosely based on the children's book series of the same name by Aaron Blabey, who serves as an executive producer with Cohen and Patrick Hughes. The film stars the voices of Sam Rockwell, Marc Maron, Anthony Ramos, Craig Robinson and Awkwafina as a group of criminal animals who, upon being caught, pretend to attempt to reform themselves as model citizens. However, their leader Mr. Wolf, unexpectedly finds himself genuinely drawn to changing his ways, even as a new villain has his own plans. Richard Ayoade, Zazie Beetz, Lilly Singh, and Alex Borstein also appear in supporting roles.

The Bad Guys had its world premiere at the Ace Hotel Los Angeles on April 12, 2022. The film began its theatrical release in several international markets, starting on March 16, 2022 in Israel, and was released in the United States on April 22, in 2D and RealD 3D formats.

Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:00 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Bad Guys
This was ok. Nothing particularly note worthy. Animation was good, story and characters were forgettable.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:51 pm
now we know

I loved this. It's more of an arty version of a regular CG-animated blockbuster (something like Despicable Me). On a prestige level it lands nicely somewhere between a Kubo and the Two Strings, which is the artiest of the arty in terms of mainstream animation, and Minions, which is popcorn fluff. The animation is gorgeous, and the film pops and roars and whistles at the right times. The voice performers are greatly matched (although the lip sync is off at times) and the overall villainous perspective (plus the double-upon-double-crosses) was enjoyable throughout. Most years an animated film comes out that truly surprises me. Last year it was Luca, this year it's The Bad Guys.

I actually watched it twice in the same day. I adore its animation and its style and its ... unique vibe. It's a cross between Zootopia, Into the Spider-Verse, and Megamind, with a sprinkling of Looney Tunes.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:09 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Decent movie. The animation is really nice once you get used to it. Obviously its not as complex (or expensive) as a Pixar film, but they way they shade things make it look unique and stylish nonetheless. The story is also pretty simple and juvenile when compared to the titans of animation (there are A Lot of fart jokes,) but again, if you look past that it's still better than many kids movies. The voice cast is really solid. I'll give it a 6/10.

Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:29 pm
Keeping it Light

Decent little film, not too impressed with the story or the humor but it's amusing enough. The best thing about it is the nice style of animation. Also the final chase sequence with The Chemical Brother's track is very good.

B-

Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]