Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Lost City 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

The Lost City 
Keeping it Light

Post The Lost City

Quote:
The Lost City is a 2022 American romantic adventure comedy film directed by Adam Nee and Aaron Nee, both of whom co-wrote the screenplay with Oren Uziel and Dana Fox, from a story conceived by Seth Gordon. The film stars Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, Daniel Radcliffe, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, and Brad Pitt.

The Lost City had its world premiere at South by Southwest on March 12, 2022, and was released in the United States on March 25, 2022, by Paramount Pictures.

Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:57 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Lost City
Easy, fun watch. Forgettable and predictable? Yeah but both Bullock and Tatum are very good together and elevate the movie from what could've been eh to enjoyable. Think they should've kept the Pitt scenes out of the trailer, would've been a nice surprise but his scenes are very entertaining.

Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:10 pm
Hold the door!

This was gorgeously shot, clearly they used a lot of real locations. And Bullock and Tatum are great. Pitt is fine with his limited screen time. However, the script is just not very funny beyond a few chuckles, and the story is obviously not deep enough to make up for that.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:15 am
Wallflower

Reviews definitely had me expecting better. I really thought it would be funnier. But it's still enjoyable enough. Tatum was really likable.

Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:31 am
Keeping it Light

Typical popcorn fluff in a way, also fun and likeable in essence. Bullock and Tatum make for a good duo and it has some nice adventure-comedy parts, making for an above average watch within the genre. Pitt is a treat too, very effective, a shame he's not in it more, but he's well used. Other characters, the publicist and Radcliffe, not as good, they're just too OTT for me, I'm sure they could have filled those parts better. It's also a bit too long, basically there were a few things to be desired, but it still works in its current form because of the leads.

B-

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think it works better as a comedy than as a romance, the second act where they're supposed to fall for each other they mainly just find excuses to have Tatum take his shirt off than looking for ways for them to genuinely get to know each other more, and they have to make him less of a fish out of water weakling to be romantically appealing which takes away some of the comedy from the first part. But the banter between Tatum and Bullock is pretty funny and Pitt's cameo is great. Radcliffe and his henchman make for good villains. A solid watch but after the first forty minutes I thought it would better.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]