Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Ted K 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Ted K 
Keeping it Light

Post Ted K

Quote:
Ted K is a 2021 American historical crime drama film directed, co-produced and co-written by Tony Stone, starring Sharlto Copley as the titular character. The film depicts the true story of Ted Kaczynski, otherwise known as the Unabomber, and the events leading to his arrest.

The film premiered at the 71st Berlin International Film Festival, on March 1, 2021.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:44 am
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Ted K
It's decent and Copley is good in it, but I was not really impressed. The story as a whole is quite fascinating, but the film focuses pretty much just on the titular character and I find it lacks depth that way. We see the film span a few decades, from the start till the end of the bombings while Ted primarily lived primitively in the forest. We see him venture out for trips related to his mission in the fight against technology, but it doesn't seem to zoom in onto anything meaningful. It often more meanders onto things which I find contributing little, like for example when he imagines company of a woman. So I guess it's supposed to be some kind of character study of a person, smart enough to avoid law enforcement, but too disturbed to find a place in society. And there are some interesting insights throughout, it's not a bad film, but the creative choices often don't really work for me. It feels like a low budget film and merely like a Wikipedia article come to life or something.

C+

Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:48 am
now we know

Post Re: Ted K
This is an excellent film. I wanted to clap at the end credits. It is a compelling story well told, with a superb score by electronic artist Blanck Mass, and an exceptional performance by Sharlto Copley. He isn't considered in the same vein as your Christian Bales and Daniel Day-Lewis's but definitely should be. His voice sounded a little Edward Nortonian. I wonder if he used it for practice. Anyway, it's a marvelous and truly underrated film.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]