Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Kimi 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Kimi 
Keeping it Light

Post Kimi

Quote:
Kimi (stylized as KIMI) is a 2022 American thriller film directed by Steven Soderbergh and written and produced by David Koepp. The film stars Zoƫ Kravitz.

Kimi was released on HBO Max on February 10, 2022

Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:18 am
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Kimi
This is another good Soderbergh film, I can't say I love all of this films and am not that impressed with his recent ones, but he just makes good films. They have an interesting story, are well shot and directed. Kimi is just like that as well, the film moves at a brisk pace and culminates in an action packed ending. The setting with a voice-based service at the center of it and masks and sanitizers being part of life feels relevant and well applied. Kravitz is nice in the lead, she looks quite strangely petite in a way, but her character has charm. The film comes across as a bit unpolished here and there, as it seems put together a bit swiftly, but really, it's a cool film and has a nice soundtrack too.

B

Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:26 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I really loved this. It was stylish, fun and fast-paced and Zoe Kravitz was great. A-

Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:06 am
Profile YIM
now we know

I must say; the micro-genre of COVID movies has been pretty good, and Kimi just continues that trend. I know many didn't like it but I actually didn't mind Songbird, then I really liked Locked Down and Host, and now I'm impressed with Kimi as well. It is a nice blend of De Palma's paranoid thriller Blow Out and Hitchcock's Rear Window, but for a modern audience. Good film, not much else to say. Soderbergh is just such a reliable director.

I was also very pleased to hear "Connection" by Elastica in the film. This was the opening theme for a prank series called Trigger Happy TV with Dom Joly in the UK, and I loved that growing up, but I never realised it wasn't made specifically for the show. Hadn't heard that for years, too!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]