Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City
Quote:
Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City is a 2021 action horror film[6] written and directed by Johannes Roberts. Adapted from the stories of the first and second games by Capcom, it serves as a reboot of the Resident Evil film series and the seventh live-action film overall, which was loosely based on the video game series of the same name. The film stars Kaya Scodelario, Hannah John-Kamen, Robbie Amell, Tom Hopper, Avan Jogia, Donal Logue, and Neal McDonough.

Development took place in early 2017, after Resident Evil: The Final Chapter was released, with producer James Wan expressing interest in the project. Later, Constantin Film chairman Martin Moszkowicz said that a reboot of the film series was in development. In the same month, Wan was called to produce the reboot with a script by Greg Russo; subsequently, Roberts was hired as both writer and director and both Wan and Russo left the project. Filming began on October 17, 2020, in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. The film underwent reshoots in May 2021.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City was released on November 22, 2021, in the United States by Sony Pictures Releasing.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:32 am
Wallflower

Post Re: Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City
I thought it was good. One of the better Resident Evil movies. It was nice to see one embracing the horror aspect more for a change.

B-

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:16 am
Indiana Jones IV

I thought this was good as well. While lacking in some departments (mostly character development, occasionally rough acting), overall it made for an effective homage and zombie movie in its own right. It pretty effectively builds the dread and creepiness factor (haunting music, solid pacing, some truly grotesque/tortured visuals) and at times even gave me vibes reminiscent of The VVitch, with its long slow shots and crescendo-ing horror music.

The cast is pretty gorgeous as well, which doesn't hurt. Though I was not a big fan of who they cast as Leon Kennedy--looks-wise and characterization did not match with my hopes.

Saw this with my bf who is a huge RE fan (the games, not Milla Jovovich movies), and he was pretty stoked on this adaptation. Too bad it seems to be a BO bomb, probably nuking chances for any sequels.

B range

Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:15 am
The Kramer

"It'll be more like the games" they said. "It will be satisfying for fans of the series" they said.

"I'm a total sucker for paying any amount of money for this" is what I said about fifteen minutes into the movie and it never really got any better.

The colors of this movie range from Puke Green to Shit Brown. The director, cinematographer, cameramen and painters need to be fired and never work again. I've never watched an uglier film in my entire life. Even when they did something good like nail the design of the licker or Dr Monster it still looked like absolute shit because of these color palettes.

I liked that the got Crawl girl to play Claire. Her dialogue is the same "shit fuck shit" lines that everybody else gets, but her eyes always convey intensity. Robbie Amell as Chris was .. fine. I was never a huge Chris fan. Ghost (from Ant-Man 2) is basically there as a Jill Valentine cameo and I have no idea what was going with Leon. Was he a whiny bitch who got bullied by everyone in original 2? I just remember his main character flaw was being totally whipped and easily manipulated by Ada Wong (who is in the cast list for the movie, but doesn't turn up until the midcredits stinger.) So character wise, they could have done worse, but not by much. There's no real explanation as to why Wesker betrayed them, so you gotta just go with it knowing that he will eventually be a villain. And though I praised the Licker design earlier, it was sad to see it get jobbed out so easily to a character that never returned. And where the hell were Mr. X and Nemesis during all this?

So yeah, Welcome To Raccoon City gets a big fat F from me.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]