Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 House of Gucci 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

House of Gucci 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post House of Gucci
Quote:
House of Gucci is a 2021 American biographical crime drama film directed by Ridley Scott. It is based on the 2001 book The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed by Sara Gay Forden. The film stars Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons, Salma Hayek, and Al Pacino.

House of Gucci had its world premiere at the Odeon Luxe Leicester Square in London on November 9, 2021, and is scheduled to be released theatrically in the United States on November 24, 2021, by United Artists Releasing.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:11 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: House of Gucci
The cast is very good. The film is uneven with the storytelling and pacing though.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 am
Wallflower

This was an uneven mess. Honestly the first hour was pretty boring and couldn't even deliver campy fun. I didn't find most of the performances convincing and some were just embarrassing. I'm looking at you Jared Leto. The cinematography is also really unappealing. I did get more interested in the second half but it's still not a good movie.

C-

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:13 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I actually enjoyed this a lot. Lady Gaga was stupendous and understood what her role was here. I found the entire cast strong in their own way and Al Pacino was probably the standout supporting wise. A-

Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:58 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I found this entertaining but lacking the depth needed to tell this story. It doesn't carry campy fun neither it is serious enough to be a strong drama. As much as I liked Gaga's character I just do not like her as an actor, I think any decent actress could have delivered with slightly more gravitas (the scenes where she is crying do not feel earnest nor does the campy parts of hiring someone or falling in love). Al Pacino was easily the best here and surprisingly I found Adam Driver very flat as well. The story as such has some good moments but Scott doesn't allow those scenes to sink-in, undecided between campy fun and serious drama.

C+

Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:32 am
Wallflower

OMG her crying scenes were bad. Hard to take seriously at all.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:05 pm
Keeping it Light

One of the most enjoyable films from last year. I love the Italian style that drapes over the film and found it an interesting story to get to know about. Excellent cast really, all 5 stars are great. Gaga continuous to be a strong leading woman in film, and Leto easily vies for best supporting performance with his role. Scott is simply a great director and deftly navigates eccentric characters in lavish settings, and just letting actors act. Nice soundtrack too, I'm a fan of this.

A-

Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]